overall
Brewed by Heineken Nederland
Style: Pale Lager
Zoeterwoude, Netherlands

RATINGS: 1296   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
A special light beer containing only 3.5% alcohol and approximately 35% fewer calories than regular lager beer. But every bit as thirst-quenching and refreshing. Alcohol varies between different US states. In the Netherlands it is 3.5%

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
JohnDo2000 (99) - Metairie, Louisiana, USA - MAY 31, 2002
Doesnt have the bite of heineken, but the taste is kind of bland and run of the mill.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - MAY 28, 2002
One word to describe the flavor: SQUID. It tastes like liquid squid thats been carbonated and added to some dirt and water. Cheaper than red lobster.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
coachmark34 (39) - central Illinois, USA - MAY 22, 2002
Well, I had hoped for better, so my evaluation may be a bit clouded by my high hopes. I had heard good things about Amstel light, but I just wasnt that impressed with it. No bite, and a little watery tasting for my palate. I didnt like its aroma all that much, either. but, hey, it IS a light beer, yknow. I guess for a light beer I could handle it again.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
bubslang (438) - Kentwood, Michigan, USA - MAY 20, 2002
slightly skunk aroma,could detect small amounts of hops,but genrally pretty bland. one of the better light beers, but is still overall its pretty bad

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Diego (79) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 16, 2002
The right beer for the wrong time. I think of Jewish American Princesses and irresponsible evenings doing things my mother would have cringed at. The only reason I drank Amstel was because I didnt want to get too drunk and puke on my Tretorns (Plus I got a sad case of flabby abs). This is not what one would call beer, this is a leaky condom on a warm Sarasota evening. Totally unrewarding. I dont know how they made it look so good but dont trust the beautiful golden brown color. This is just wrong. Worried about calories gents? Try GMD.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
DuffManOhYeah (133) - USA - MAY 14, 2002
Just terrible

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
aracauna (3550) - Georgia, USA - MAY 9, 2002
First thing you notice when you lean in for a sniff is that its kind of skunky. If you can keep your nose close enough long enough, you start to notice a little maltiness and hops peek out of that skunks ass. Then the skunk high-tails it into the flavor. After a few sips you get used to ol Mr. Skunk and dont notice him as much and you realize that the commercials are right: it doesnt really taste as bland as most light beers. Its got some definite malt presence with some citrusy notes but it also has that unpleasantness (separate from the skunk) that Heinekin also has, but I cant place it exactly. Basically, I wish it was more like a light beer so it wouldnt be so damn hard to drink fast because it becomes near undrinkable when it starts to approach anything resembling warm.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DEbeer (192) - West Virginia, USA - MAY 1, 2002
I hated this beer. I was really expecting something better, although I am not sure why. I guess it is true that anything with the word light should be avoided.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jcom99 (3) - Ontario, CANADA - APR 30, 2002 does not count
Hey its a light beer. Definitely a light beer for someone who enjoys beer.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - APR 30, 2002
Nothing special. Not much aroma, very very tiny hop flavor, barely detectable. No real flavor to speak of.