overall
RATINGS: 2988   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

HogTownHarry (7064) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - MAY 28, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2005 Bottle (650ml). Amber pour, lively, but all I have to say is "Crystal Hops". That’s all I tasted, all I remember. If you like that, you’ll love this. I had a series of bad experience with brewing my own Czech pilsner with Saaz (?) hops years ago, so I can’t personally rate this one very high. But that’s me.

ukoolaid (580) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 24, 2005
Bottle. Pours an orangy amber with dissapearing head. Aroma is sweet fruity yeast. Taste is decently hoppy with fruit.

turbothy (1141) - Bonn, GERMANY - MAY 18, 2005
Pours a beautiful golden colour. Lasting off-white head. Very fruity aroma which turns slightly acidic as it warms. Sweet and full body, organic and warming. Very nice ale.

KUEric (977) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAY 12, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2006 Bottle: Excellent aroma, nice head. sweet malt flovor. Overall a very good beer, one of my favorites in my young beer expirience.

5000 (6862) - Hardened Liver, Washington, USA - MAY 9, 2005
Bottle: Translucent orange, large pillowy white head, sticky lacing, soft carbonation.   Hop nose, subtle ashtray.   Hoppy start, a bit of charred wood, minor citrus, very minor malts.   Big body, fairly thick mouthfeel.   Woody like hop bitterness on the finish.   Good!

Miguel (1181) - Saint-Ours, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 9, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2005 Au Spirit Haus, MA. Houblon bien aromatique : pamplemousse jaune et floral. Malt légèrement caramelisés. Belle couleur ambrée tirant au jaune-orange. Mousse généreuse et en dentelle. Toujours bon...

Juelze (1146) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 7, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 15, 2005 Bottle. Pours an clear amber color with quick dminish head. Smells of hops and citrus. Taste is mediciney. Something isn’t right here. Malt and is balanced by hops but I like to see more hops shine through. SNPA still beats it out in IMO.

MrBunn (2844) - The Wet Side of a Dry Town, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 4, 2005
Amber with minimal head. Hops dominate flavoring which is extremely well-balanced as far as fruit (some citrus), sweetness (very little), malt and, of course, hops. One of those beers that really pulls everything together with a nice balance and good finish.

cvillebeer (134) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - MAY 4, 2005
It has been several years since I had this and i thought I’d give it another try. The aroma is not a strong as I remember, but maybe that is due to the advent of the over-the-top hopping style in vouge lately. Anyway the aroma is subtle and grrassy; it poured with a decent if short lived head. The flavor is balanced and on the dry side, which I like with a somewhat bitter finish. There is little evidence of the caramel sweetness that so many brewers seem to use to balance their hopping levels, which I also like. Overall a well made beer; not as agressive as I remember it, but more subtle in comparason to other American Pale and IPA’s. Well done.

donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - MAY 2, 2005
Nice all around good ale. Not too malty, not too hoppy, not too anything. Just a nice smooth ale. This is one of those American Pale Ales for those who usually don’t like pale ales. A must try.