overall
RATINGS: 3017   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

SNIAT (120) - Passaic, New Jersey, USA - JUL 30, 2001
Best American big Pale Ales I've had (noses out Sierra Nevada) , from one of the world's best brewers.

vanabbema99 (13) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - JUL 28, 2001
This is definately one of my favorites. Highly recommended full bodied ale; Wonderful!

npdempse (935) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - JUL 12, 2001
Really nice: mildly hoppy with a slight banana aftertaste, with a bit of a dry quality to it. I could go for a bit more hop flavor, but heck, this is some good beer.

jstu9 (403) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2001
The aroma was nice as I poured it into my glass. It's a lighter beer, not light but an average kinda color. There are hops in this but whatever the hops that are in here, I don't particularly think much of. Not a bad beer but not something I'm planning on drinking again.

pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - JUN 30, 2001
VERY BITTER AFTERTASTE, BUT NOT THAT BAD I MAY TRY THIS AGAIN. IT TASTED A LITTLE BETTER AS IT WARMED.

Drew Blood (152) - Mt.Prospect, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2001
this is my fav of the Anchor Steamers. Not the the greatest of the American IPA's but still Great. Drink it and you will see.

canary dog (784) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - JUN 14, 2001
Oh the hop character of this bedazzler! Anchor Liberty is a gem. Delicious.

THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2001
Hoppy. A good beer if I am in the mood for hoppy...........................

The Friar99 (223) - Wisconsin, USA - MAY 16, 2001
Not my favorite of the Anchor line, but I can't complain....................

Shadallion (534) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAY 7, 2001
This beer bends under the weight of its own legend. Is it good beer, sure. But there are many finer IPAs, such as Lagunitas, Hop Devil, local rival Big Daddy, and Stone's Anniversary IPA. This one is too watery, with unfocused hops and a weak balance. Try it to say you've had it, then ignore it.