overall
RATINGS: 2981   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.57/5   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Originally brewed in 1975 to commemorate Paul Revere's ride, this brew is a heavily hopped ale (Cascade hops) with a copper color and a hoppy nose.

groovinhigh (170) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - APR 24, 2002
My favorite American Beer. Full, rich flavor! A velvety smooth hop character... UNREAL!!

Brent (116) - Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA - SEP 10, 2001
A fantastic APA - hop city!........................................

Beer Guy99 (251) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2001
Great ale. I love the hops and enjoy this beer all the way around. Delicious!

gwfrankpsu (231) - McKinleyville, California, USA - DEC 18, 2001
A top ten. There are very few beers that are this good for this long. I really love this beer, and it is worth whatever I have to pay to get it. Wonderful hop bite, this is a great beer.

Arnoud (35) - Hawthorne, New Jersey, USA - APR 24, 2002
Aroma screams HOPS!!! Big rocky head that must be 50% hop oil to taste soooo good. Great balance between hops and malt and goes down smoothly. Here’s my dilemna: This is my favorite beer in its style so do I give it the highest rating possible? What if it defines the style to me? Well, I’m leaving a little room for that elusive beer that might, and I repeat might, be better. Cheers!

monkeyman (57) - Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 11, 2002
This is the finest pale ale in the world (yes fellow quaffers, I’ve sampled many a pale ale, including Duvel and many, many others). Quality ingredients and bottle conditioning allow the incredible delicate flavor to escape unscathed in the trip out east. Pours with a huge head – fun to watch it settle into a rocky moonscape. Usually provides slight flowery hop notes with gentle bitterness; then some licorice, then the malt rumbles through. Lingering unique aftertaste is very pleasant and refreshing. Dead on consistency over the years; much more than can be said about other American pale ales, including Sierra Nevada and Hop Devil. BTW, the date of bottling code is terrific and should be emulated by every serious brewer -- would a winery sell undated Chardonnay?

Moonlight77 (10) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2005
I like this ale even more than their Steam beer. Dry finish. Frothy head and good hoppy taste.

Burp (3) - USA - DEC 9, 2007 does not count
Noticing the handsome pint, my wife, who sticks strictly to wine, said, "That looks like a great beer." She is right, this is a classic ale. If I had to pick just one APA to have in the fridge forever, this would be it.

beercamel (84) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 15, 2009
This beer is one of my favorites and its always good never had a bad batch.. Cfrisp and bright and very hoppy the way I like. I drink like 20 of tyhese on independance day and always puts a smile on my face. Pours gold and firework yellow.

martinissra (9) - Stockkholm, SWEDEN - OCT 24, 2009 does not count
Lovely beer, has it all, a must for beer lovers, great colour, I need more, this is the greatest american beer that I have tasted