overall
RATINGS: 1279   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   IBU: 16   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Balance is what makes our Boont Amber Ale so unique: rich, crystal malts give this beer a deep copper hue and contribute a slight caramel sweetness while the herbal, spicy bitterness from carefully selected whole-cone hops impart a crisp, clean finish. Hints of sun toasted grain, toffee, and fruity esters compliment the mellow, noble hop aroma.

MALTS:
Pale Two-Row, Crystal (40L & 80L)

HOPS:
Columbus, Bravo, Northern Brewer, Mt. Hood

JohnCiacci (16) - Hackney, ENGLAND - JAN 31, 2005
My favourite beer for 2005! Found it at a CostPlus whilst in Los Angeles for New Years, I wish I could find this in London somewhere. It’s Good Drinkin’

Moonlight77 (10) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 30, 2005
On tap in many places in and around San Franciso...when fresh its fantastic

bierbairn (8) - - MAR 24, 2012 does not count
This is the perfect Amber ale. Strong and flavorful without being too heavy, it begins with fragrance, balances sweetness with , goes down smooth, and leaves a hoppy aftertaste

nazzty (1376) - Ödåkra - Helsingborg, SWEDEN - JAN 31, 2013
Perfectly balanced ale with incredible richness and fruitiness. The aftertaste is long and fruity with a sharp crispness from the hops.

jimmbo123 (44) - Washington, USA - JUN 14, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2009 This beer has character! Lots of flavor: toasted, roasted, nutty, Molasses, Caramel. Creamy texture, not too sweet or too dry. Only reason I didn’t give it a 5 is because their Winter Solstice is similar and slightly superior.

baldedecerveja (4) - Santos, BRAZIL - MAY 6, 2016 does not count
A big beer for any time. My first Anderson valley. Boont Amber ale... Amazing. Fantastic.

kgzero (2) - - SEP 8, 2013 does not count
Caramel and slight and subtle hoppy and malty flavor. Delicious which us surprising as I usually hate beers with a malty flavor. This has become a new go to beer for me if I can find it.

mrhoppy (1288) - Santa Clara, California, USA - MAR 16, 2012
This is a quintessential English ale with just a tad more hops to give it a west coast personality. Reminds me of Fish Tail amber ale. Man this was delicious!

lrydbom15 (1) - - JAN 21, 2015 does not count
One of the better ambers I've had. Very nice color and aroma. Starts a little unimpressive, but finishes extremely well.

mantis7 (4) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - OCT 14, 2005 does not count
I love this ale. It is even better if you are lucky enough to find it on tap. I really can not say enough about anderson valley brewing company, they make some of the best beers in the world. As a homebrewer , this is the kind of beer I strive to make. Just feels really great in the mouth, excellent CLEAN taste. You can feel the love in this beer. Loads of flavor and none of them bad.