overall
RATINGS: 2147   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   IBU: 78   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Hop-Heads, your dreams have come true! Hop Ottin’ is Boontling for "hardworking hops," and they’re surely hard at work in this brew. Hop Ottin’ starts with a strong floral aroma, which winds into a deep and complex body. In an intriguing balance, honey-drenched malts coat rich hop undertones. At length, the hops prevail, with a satisfyingly crisp finish. Hop Ottin’ bites like a cankicky bluetail (Hop Ottin’ bites like a rattlesnake looking for a fight.)

MALTS:
Pale Two-Row, Crystal (40L), Munich (20L)

HOPS:
Columbus, Cascade

jeremytoni (3082) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - JAN 8, 2008
From the tap poured a nice amber color with a good amount of head. Nice hoppy flavor with a good finish.

Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - DEC 31, 2007
Damn, I think I liked this beer quite a bit more than others here. This thing was a masterpiece IPA. Perfectly balanced malt and hops with the hops dominating at the start and finish. Looked great in my DFH pint glass, like amber honey with a nice fluffy head. Smelled hoppy and sweet. Tastes great to me. Its not an over the top IPA like some of the others, just a damn well crafted IPA. If the alcohol was a bit lower, this would be my session beer of choice. I really enjoyed this.

franksnbeans (265) - Columbus, Maryland, USA - DEC 29, 2007
Pours a nice burned orange with a fluffy head that takes a little time to disappear. Leaves a lot of lacing and looks delicious. Smells of hops at first whiff but they are subtle. Citrus, malt, a little floral and maybe some dried fruit make up more of the smell. The taste shocked me at first. Delicious, potent hops surprised me since they weren’t nearly as up front in the smell. The malt and some grapefruit make an appearance and compliment the hops nicely. Bitter and dry from the hops. Nice body in the mouthfeel, no alcohol present at all. Could definitely make an evening out of these. Picked this up randomly and very glad I did. This is an awesome IPA at a very good price.

CelticBrew (912) - The Crystal Coast, North Carolina, USA - DEC 28, 2007
Pours medium, hazy amber. Nice small off white foamy head. Aroma is of flowers, hops, malts, Those who can not detect malts is a pure T retard, idiots smell & taste. Flavour is full bodied, flowers and grassy hops. Caramel, and toffee flavour the malts for a unique IPA. Would love to try on tap.

DietPepsican (1592) - @ $13.99, Iowa, USA - DEC 27, 2007
poured a slightly cloudy amber with a big white head. Floral hops dominate the nose. Taste was floral hops, sweet malt, citrus, and pine. Finished nice and bitter. Yum.

bag (106) - Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 20, 2007
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2008 From bottle, poured a nice-looking deep coper. Clear. Aroma was citrus, but weak. Flavor was powerful -- hops and citrus, lightly sweet. Had a bite, but also a slight aftertaste. I’d get it again.

elelwarren (140) - SF Bay area, California, USA - DEC 17, 2007
Pours amber with medium head, but didn’t notice lacing because this was a drain pour. Odor of rubbing alcohol & grapefruit pectin. Taste was no more illuminating. Slight malts, but I really had to think about it, cause they’re way buried . I have enough hairs on my chest already, thank you.

Schlem (6) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 5, 2007 does not count
c’mon. It’s not that hoppy, and not very fragrant. The ABV is high, at 7%, but not very distinguished. The first time I tasted it, I had just had one of my own homebrew IPAs, and I found this beer completely insipid by comparison. It’s a good beer, but doesn’t live up to the hype on the label: "Hop-Heads, your dreams have come true! " not so much. I like it, but I don’t love it. try Stone IPA or Stone Ruination IPA. mmmm.

Skeegle (566) - Maryland, USA - DEC 4, 2007
Probably the worst IPA Ive ever tasted. There are absolutely no malts present in this beer, it tastes like bitting into a rotten green and unripe lemon rind. The mouthfeel was nice though, but it was just too astringent and grainy, like thin alcohol.

guzzler67 (1696) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - DEC 2, 2007
Blurred, deep amber appearance with a well laced, large white head. Citrus hop aroma; some pine. Hops dominate the taste along with some subdued, underlying, grainy malts. Slight hint of sourness in the dry, bitter finish.