overall
RATINGS: 177   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 405   ABV: 13.5%
True to its Boontling moniker, “Huge Arker” is a massive force of nature that detonates on your tongue. After primary fermentation, the beer is aged in Wild Turkey® Bourbon barrels until it fully matures. The deep mahogany color is evocative of the opulence to follow. Dark luscious aromas of burnished oak mingle with candy sugar, bourbon and hearth-baked bread. The luxurious flavors redolent of honey and molasses are intertwined with the richness of dark chocolate and the ardent warmth of alcohol, underpinned with hints of coffee, vanilla and dark fruits.
ABV from 11% to 13.5% in 2014.

• Statistics
  • Locate Sellers

badhack (598) - San Francisco, California, USA - APR 17, 2018
UPDATED: APR 17, 2018 Very rich. Bourbon, malt, dark malt, some chocolate, alcohol, sweet. Low carbon, high hop but hard too tell what kind, I believe some citrus. Slow sipper.

1.4
ohkeec (1) - - MAR 25, 2018 does not count
I dont know what I was thinking because I dont care for the taste of bourbon. Somehow I thought the malt would expand my pallet to ease me into liking bourbon... Forsure a lot of taste the first day I drank about 8oz of the bomber. It was excruciatingly hard overcome the extreme bourbon taste it. In fact each sip was harder and harder to take but I did finish the cup. I wanted to like it but I may be too predisposed. Two days later Friday came and I endeavored another try with the remainder of the bottle. It didn't grow on me in fact I tried to taste it but even after rinsing it down with water I couldn't get over the bourbon taste. I finished it and I can attest to his gravity it had a nice Buzz but I'm sure glad it was Friday because Saturday morning was one of the worst hangovers from such a small amount of Brew. I don't know if it was the bourbon Barrel that may have concentrated the headache agents and release them into the Brew. I could blame it on myself and say I didn't drink enough water but I was drinking water and eating stew. The next morning verified that but I'm writing this Saturday evening with the remnants and the lag of the headache. This didn't happen with the 8 oz trial so I can add some doubt to the assertion that it cause the massive hangover but as someone who isn't a fan of bourbon I won't be recommending this to anyone.

Jrwhitney6 (528) - - MAR 25, 2018
Pours black with a tan head. Nose is booze, malt, chocolate. The booze is really well hidden in the taste - the taste is some chocolate, vanilla, bourbon. Really chewy, velvet mouthfeel. Really good. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mjjmhays (15) - - FEB 14, 2018
Anderson Valley’s Huge Arker is full of deep flavor, especially if you like that 13.5% ABV. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

drpimento (3982) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 4, 2018
Pretty sweet and lots of dark malt. Booze's well-hidden carbonation is a touch on the soft side.

tsd08460 (1341) - Herndon, Virginia, USA - JAN 25, 2018
Bomber from Total Wine and More in Sterling, VA Aroma: bourbon, roasty, woody, alcohol, chocolate, dark fruits, vanilla Appearance: black with a tan head Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, Palate: full body, creamy, average carbonation, long finish, Excellent

evergreen0199 (3708) - Northwood, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 20, 2018
Keg at Brewdog Shepherds Bush, London. A very dark brown/black coloured pour with a medium beige head on top. Roasty, malty, chocolate, vanilla, bourbon aroma. Tastes pretty rich, roasty, malty, dark chocolate, vanilla, caramel, bourbon, quite sweet. A lovely boozy Imperial stout from Anderson Valley.

Theydon_Bois (22315) - Hazlemere, the lower Xhitlerns, Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - JAN 19, 2018
Keg at BD Mighty Boosh, 19/01/18. Black with a well presented tan head. Nose is rich malts, chocolate cake, ripe dark fruits, bourbon tinged oak, toffee. Taste comprises fruit cake, spice, molasses, chocolate melt, rich and satisfying bourbonic rip, dates, brown sugar melt. Full bodied, fine carbonation, warming alcohol in the close. Solid impy stout ... masks the ABV well.

Itzjerm (3288) - Taft, Tennessee, USA - JAN 18, 2018
Nose is sweet boozy bourbon. Taste is very sweet. Lots of candy body. Not much hop but balanced. Light barrel. Really spot on for a barrel aged beer. Candies chocolates sweetness. NICE!!! Nohead.

The_Osprey (10130) - Richmond, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 11, 2018
Keg at Brewdog Shepherd's Bush as Anderson Valley Huge Arke, 13.5%. Dark brown with a red hue, foamy light brown head leaves thick lacing. Aroma is meaty vanilla bourbon, chocolate, bourbon and well that's it really. Body is smooth with soft carbonation. Taste is vanilla and bourbon, spiced chocolate, truffles, tequila and chocolate liqueur and more bourbon. Not drinking the ABV and actually pretty drinkable if a little one dimensional. Good. (8-4-8-3-16)