RATINGS: 515   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This copper colored ale is a silky, creamy dream. It’s malty, very mildly hopped, and lightly sweet, with a delicate hint of spice for that oh-so-drinkable, extra velvety flavor. A cool beer for the heat, whatever your latitude!

wxman (1820) - O’Fallon, Illinois, USA - MAY 2, 2014
On tap at Global Brew. Pours a clear amber with a minimal white head. Aroma is well water and bread dough. Taste is sweet caramel malt, maple syrup and a bit of chocolate syrup. Quite good, but not a cream ale.

harrymel (1551) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2013
Bottled: unk, 2012 vintage presumably. Pours toasted amber with solid cream top and spotty lace. Smells, well, creamy with malts and soft yeast tones and a lactose tone. A hint of light florals. Flavor is again, creamy. Weird how milky this actually tastes, cool. Some malts and a slight oxidation, kinda sweet. Full bodied with light carb and a satiating finish. Nice beer. Serving type: bottle 06-24-2012

monk191 (1978) - Portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 7, 2013
A great beer, not quite as nice as the winter solstice, but very good all the same. Pours a beautiful dark amber. A little more carbonated, but lots of vanilla and maltiness. Finishes smooth. Much better on tap the in the bottle. Had at Marks Sports Bistro. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

pdx76 (651) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 27, 2013
On draught at Oregon brewfest 2013 - pours out a cloudy copper color. Nose of mostly malt. Taste is as the name suggests, creamy and smooth, vanilla and cream soda. Very easy drinking, ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

foyle (422) - Wyoming, USA - JUL 21, 2013
Appearance—pours with a large creamy 2-3” head that settled slowly leaving light lacing. Copper in color. Very pretty in the glass! Aroma –toasted grains and sweet malts,caramel/toffee, maybe a hint of hop spice Mouthfeel – watery, sweet and sticky, no detectable hop bite. Very easy drinking. Flavor—sweet! Reminds me of a caramel candy, but with just a enough heavier malt character that it doesn’t become overly sweet. Overall— For a summer thirst quencher/session beer it is very good. In cold weather it would probably not be nearly as good. My biggest concern with Summer Solstice is that it is too sweet-- I only had one can to sample, but the sweetness so dominates the flavor that I am afraid more than 1 or 2 of these might overwhelm the palate.

Evolutionary (503) - Ohio, USA - JUN 25, 2013
Bottle from Ty. Nose is fruit sweet malt. Not great. Pours orangish. Good initial mouthfeel and decent palate but off putting sweet notes in there make it not the best summer beer. Wouldn't throw away but not a great one.... Maybe even less than average. ---Rated via my mouth

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2013
Hazy orange pour with a white head. Aroma is full of grain with some grass notes. Flavor is fairly sweet with some toffee and biscuit malt notes, as well as some grain, cream and vanilla. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

BigMalt (13) - - MAR 15, 2013
The first time I had this one was at a growler station and I really loved it. It had a nice matiness and a very smooth cream-ale mouthfeel that I dug. I think bought a six pack of bottles and found myself very unimpressed with it the second time around. It was boring, flat tasting and unremarkable out of a bottle.

TURDFERGUSON (4058) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2012
Multiple bottles but this rating stems from an evening in Amherst Mass working at the spirit haus. Pretty much everyone who was working there at that time was drinking on the job. So I used that flexibility to try new beers that I might not otherwise buy, like this pen. On style I think, but cream ales are always kind of gross to me.

Huhzubendah (3705) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 22, 2012
The beer is copper hued with a thick, lasting head that leaves ample lacing on the glass. Steady effervescence from the bottom of the pint. The aroma is sweet smelling, with malt and vanilla. The flavor is akin to cream soda. I happen to savor a cream soda on occasion, so I’m rather enjoying this brew. The beer is thin to medium in body, and smooth on the palate. One pint is sufficient. I wouldn’t want more than a serving, though I definitely enjoyed this. I would have it again. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 07-28-2011