overall
RATINGS: 509   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
This copper colored ale is a silky, creamy dream. It’s malty, very mildly hopped, and lightly sweet, with a delicate hint of spice for that oh-so-drinkable, extra velvety flavor. A cool beer for the heat, whatever your latitude!

Mora2000 (6158) - McKinney, Texas, USA - APR 2, 2013
Hazy orange pour with a white head. Aroma is full of grain with some grass notes. Flavor is fairly sweet with some toffee and biscuit malt notes, as well as some grain, cream and vanilla. Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

BigMalt (13) - - MAR 15, 2013
The first time I had this one was at a growler station and I really loved it. It had a nice matiness and a very smooth cream-ale mouthfeel that I dug. I think bought a six pack of bottles and found myself very unimpressed with it the second time around. It was boring, flat tasting and unremarkable out of a bottle.

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - SEP 26, 2012
Multiple bottles but this rating stems from an evening in Amherst Mass working at the spirit haus. Pretty much everyone who was working there at that time was drinking on the job. So I used that flexibility to try new beers that I might not otherwise buy, like this pen. On style I think, but cream ales are always kind of gross to me.

Huhzubendah (3767) - Washington DC, USA - SEP 22, 2012
The beer is copper hued with a thick, lasting head that leaves ample lacing on the glass. Steady effervescence from the bottom of the pint. The aroma is sweet smelling, with malt and vanilla. The flavor is akin to cream soda. I happen to savor a cream soda on occasion, so I’m rather enjoying this brew. The beer is thin to medium in body, and smooth on the palate. One pint is sufficient. I wouldn’t want more than a serving, though I definitely enjoyed this. I would have it again.

Serving type: on-tap

Reviewed on: 07-28-2011

BSSalley (2) - West Hollywood, California, USA - AUG 10, 2012 does not count
This beer seems to be getting the shaft! I find this beer to be an excellent example of the cream ale style. Most are so heavy on the hops that the cream characteristic is overwhelmed. While not my favorite beer I find this to be a great summer beer. Nice light amber color, corresponding light flavor on the palette but the aftertaste is the standout feature of this beer. Buttery vanilla with wheat undertones. Should be getting a better rap for its laser focus on representing the style. Seems to be best enjoyed from the can. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Maverick34 (3321) - New York, USA - AUG 1, 2012
Bottled. Kind of strange, poured an orangey brown, had a bit of a malt and caramel but also some spice. Not great but pretty interesting.

wlajwl (7127) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - AUG 1, 2012
Aroma is grains, fruit and a hint of sweetness. The flavor is mildly sweet caramel malts, fruit and a long and mildly tart finish.

ADfan (877) - Orange County, California, USA - JUL 30, 2012
On tap it has a reddish amber color in the glass. Aroma of sweetness, maybe some toffee. There is also some floral notes. Taste is smooth with a creamy texture. I tasted some vanilla and caramel in the finish.

popkow (308) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - JUL 24, 2012
This is a truly unique brew. On tap @ the Brass Rail pured an amber body topped by a small off-white head. Aroma is moderately sweet, caramel and lots of vanilla extract coming through. Watery light-medium body with a light acidity.

thehead92 (33) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 21, 2012
This beer looks great coming out of the can/bottle, but what reall gets you is the hay and grassy notes initally. It has a good creamy head that quickly goes away but leaves some nice lace. It is a medium bodied beer; I would say a little thick. good but not quite as Summery as I was expecting, definetly worth a try.