Anheuser World Lager (World Select)

overall

RATINGS: 299   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
We challenged our top brewmasters representing 10 countries around the globe to collaborate and create something extraordinary. The result is Anheuser, a world-class beer brewed fresh in America. Enjoy!

0.9
wshores (58) - Saltillo, Texas, USA - SEP 12, 2007
I think it may be too many cooks stirring the skunk soup. I really had high hope for this.

1.4
hombrepalo (1971) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 4, 2007
I think they rebottled Heinekin. Had a thicker flavor but It was way to skunky. Is this really the best AB can do?

JLAudio (282) - Crestwood, Illinois, USA - JUN 20, 2007
Definitely the best Anheuser-Busch lager. Good american style pale lager, but not as good as the other "big boys" import ones. You still pay the import price however, and is hard to find. Decent try

puboflyons (3467) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 18, 2007
Fom a bottle. A pungent aroma. A lot of reviewers say "skunky." I immediately thought I was drinking a Canadian biere when I opened it. A little slow to go down for me. It’s alright but it is more of a marketing campaign than a good beer.

cking (1175) - North Canton, Ohio, USA - MAY 22, 2007
Rated 8/11/06: Thanks to my friend for arriving on my doorstep with a sixer. All in all not a bad lager but there is nothing out of the ordinary here. Crisp bland aroma, decent pour which is medium gold in color alright head and a trace of lacing, flavor and mouthfeel are adequate yet shallow. All in all not much to write home about.

1.4
superd44688 (49) - Canton, Ohio, USA - MAY 18, 2007
This to me is Budweiser’s knockoff on Heineken. Just way too skunky. Not a very good knockoff of a bad beer to begin with.

kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - MAY 9, 2007
A tad bit maltier than a Budweiser and waaaaay skunkier. This is like a Stella or Heineken, and that’s a bad thing.

biggmike (480) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - MAY 8, 2007
UPDATED: JUN 11, 2007 Reading the commericial description just makes me laugh, "We challenged our top brewmasters representing 10 countries around the globe to collaborate and create something extraordinary." This sucks like all the other A-B brews. Smells skunky like a bad Heineken.

0.9
dball1869 (16) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAR 27, 2007
anheaser’s answer to heineken. extra added skunk in the nose and a bit of poo on the palate.

LyndaNova (532) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 26, 2007
Cold 12oz bottle: Pours a pale straw color with very little bubbles. Aroma is of skunk, malt and grass. Watery texture. Tastes like dirty water. Yuck.