Anheuser World Lager (World Select)

overall

RATINGS: 299   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
We challenged our top brewmasters representing 10 countries around the globe to collaborate and create something extraordinary. The result is Anheuser, a world-class beer brewed fresh in America. Enjoy!

007Lager (1) - , Alabama, USA - AUG 21, 2008 does not count
LOVE this Beer, it’s the ish! Sure hate Anheuser gave it the "un-lubed job" by dropping the "Select" moniker and giving it to the Budweiser brand...So Rainbow!!!! (no offense). Hard to find too!

mkobes (2142) - paramus, New Jersey, USA - SEP 25, 2003
Its a nice clean tasting beer. Not to hoppy. Its only being test marketed in NJ. Hard to get now. Tastes good.

STLbeerdrinker (6) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 26, 2004 does not count
When I was first in College I had some rommate from Norway and they introduced me to Ringnes and Hansa. I had look many years since to find it and had little sucess. When Anheuse World Select came out I thought, "Wow, this is the taste I remember with my old college friends." Regarles the taste id great and has a fuller taste than most "preimum" american beers. I could never drink Heineken, it tastes to watery to me. To me, World Select is also my personal select.

RiverShark (28) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 16, 2006
I have recently added this to my list of top beers. 2nd only to Bud Select, World Lager is a very satisfying beer to have with almost anything. No bad aftertaste and a great flavor. Great Job AB! My other favorites include Sam Adams Octoberfest, Sam Adams Light, & Coors Light

burgerlicious (308) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - APR 28, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 20, 2004 i thought it was pretty good for an anheuser. the name's a little lame, i doubt i would actually ’select’ this beer from any list of world beers.. but still, pretty good.

labattfreak (58) - Coldwater, Michigan, USA - SEP 8, 2004
Usually, I’m not a fan of Anheuser Busch’s products. But I got to try this beer at a bar (for free!) and I actually liked it. It had a flavor that was totally unlike any of the domestics. This is much better than Bud or Michelob.

OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - FEB 2, 2004
UPDATED: APR 10, 2004 I love pilsners so this was right up my alley, kind of tasted like Labbatt Blue. I would definitely buy this stuff again although it is a bit on the expensive side.

SquirrelMaster (3) - USA - AUG 8, 2003 does not count
Slightly weak, mostly a good,decent beer but for too much money. Way better than your average Bud or Bud Light. Only sold in six packs??That's a mistake.

rkn65 (106) - st. clair shores, Michigan, USA - JAN 24, 2004
OH MY GOD!! a product by Bud that tastes respectable. No rice and a golden color that beer should have. Seems like they are trying to copy either Budvar or a Heinie. Decent head with some lace action and a a what.. hops. Maybe someone told AB that Bud sucks and they are trying to redeem themselves.