overall
RATINGS: 562   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   IBU: 47   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Dry-hopped with Columbus hops in our open fermenters, our IPA boasts a bright floral aroma and flavor reminiscent of pine and lemon peel. The pronounced hop bitterness is balanced by a medium-bodied caramel and biscuity malt character with a nutty finish. It showcases many subtle earthy bitter notes, rather than the resinous citrus-rind bite often featured in many American-style IPA’s.

jsmerig (1615) - Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 26, 2015
Pours a cloudy caramel Amber. Aroma is earthy. Taste is grainy malt with a sour note. Mouthfeel is too bubbly. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

mghj (36) - pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 5, 2015
12 oz bottle poured amber into a pint glass with a finger of head. Nice aroma of hops. This tasted more malty than hoppy with a touch of an astringent after taste. No born on date on the bottle to know if it is beyond its time.

bigbish (712) - California, USA - SEP 15, 2015
Wrote down a score ages ago but ni5 any tasting notes. Recording for posterity. Good stuff.

ElGaucho (2401) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - SEP 13, 2015
Draft at Brewster’s, Kalamazoo. A little surprised I’ve never rated this. Fairly certain I’ve had this somewhere along the line even though it’s not available in MN. Hint of Butterscotch/diacetyl in the nose which seeps into the flavor, however, not in a really bad way. Beautiful artistic, sheet lace. Amber body. Nice Bready finish. In some ways this reminds me of Lucid Foto although Foto is better. Had a bells Two Hearted just before this, which is not really fair as there is no comparison.

Nejhleader (1562) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 22, 2015
a pretty standard IPA. Has a bit of a citrus hop taste with some caramel malts blended in.

rubbishystuff (2537) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 5, 2015
At Dads. Seems like some folks got a bad bottle of the stuff but I must have gotten a great bottle of the stuff. Reminds me of what IPAs used to be back in the early days of Microbrews good but not dripping with fresh hops. Serving: Bottle

PhatCatt (85) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - MAY 10, 2015
UPDATED: AUG 31, 2016 Copper colored with lots of foam. Herbal & lemonpeel, pine, and a tasty hoppiness. My favorite Arcadia beer.

edwardbass (846) - Illinois, USA - DEC 24, 2014
Not very good. HUGE head (usually a bad sign - old?). Astringent, chemical, metallic bitterness with fruitiness and very little malt. Hey, at least I can say I tried it.

paintedmaple (671) - People’s Republic of Bloomington, Indiana, USA - NOV 29, 2014
Hmmm...this is an oddly bad selection from Arcadia. Maybe I got a bad bottle, but the flavor was dominated by a faintly metallic chemical presence. I’ll need to try another to confirm, but...

0.6
razzanof (72) - Leavenworth, Kansas, USA - NOV 28, 2014
An absolutely horrible beer! Smelled like paint thinner, its 3-inch head required a spoon to find actual beer, and the taste, well, was nasty. Maybe I got a bad bottle but the one I tasted made a Budweiser look phenomenal! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone