overall
RATINGS: 506   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.72/5   IBU: 22   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Travel to a time of brewer’s lore, when smoke was spelled "smoake," when dark beers held the collective hearts and mind of the people of merry old England. Believe it or not, back in the 1850s, Porter ruled the beer world, and no one brewed Porter like the brewers of London. Drawing their water from the Thames, blending old and new batches, and experimenting with new types of malt, Porter evolved throughout the years, and probably at one time held some substantial smoakiness. Arcadia’s London Porter draws on this rich historic tradition, but adds a few special twists to make it all our own. The flavor of London Porter is multi-layered, starting with a bold, pleasing sweetened coffee richness, which gives way to round and subtle smoke, much like a delicately smoked ham. Porcine sweetness is capped by a gloss of fig jam or cherry compote, fruity and complex. Faint pear and hay notes barely poke through, reminders that there are some delightful American Glacier hops under all the finery.

nolankowal (939) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - FEB 10, 2006
Pours a syrupy black with a nice light tan head. Sour,soapy, somewhat smokey aroma. The flavor is bitter chocolate, smoke , and soap. Thick over the tounge with a very dry bitterness on the finish. I enjoyed most of the parts that make up this beer, perhaps it was a little bit skunked? I’ll have to try this again sometime to know for certain and rerate is that ends up being the case.

BustedFlat (554) - Edina, Minnesota, USA - SEP 16, 2007
12 ounce bottle. Pint glass. Black with a dark tan head. Aroma - sweet and fruity. Flavor was mainly sour apple and dark fruit with some roast malt. I was expecting something a little more sweet, but this one was definitely on the sour side. Unusual. Not quite to my taste.

bag (106) - Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2007
Poured a reddish-brown from the bottle with light head. Dark malt, chocolate aroma. Other than that, I was pretty unimpressed. Not much distinctiveness in the way of flavor, and left a bad taste afterwards. It seemed pretty watered-down too. Not much substance.

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 20, 2007
thick and malty. rich in flavor but still isn’t great. It’s just good. which is more than I could say for some of the other brews I’ve had from Arcadia. This is a decent brew but I wouldn’t go looking for it.

SpecialBrew99 (57) - grand blanc, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2002
I must admit, I only bought this because it had Winston Churchill on the bottle. And the strong aroma and the strong porter taste just wasn't for me. If your into porters, this may be for you, but i'm not, so...

jonwayne4883 (401) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - APR 18, 2006
a good porter, understandable an award winner from arcadia. not my cup of tea, but a good choice for porter fans out there

AlKHall (161) - West Hartford, Connecticut, USA - AUG 5, 2006
On Tap @ Arcadia -- Appearance is Dark Brown/Maroon. It starst with an initial aroma of Dark Fruit such as plums with notes of roasted coffee. This flavor carries into the first few sips as well. Intense Chocolate Malt and Molassas, and Caramel. As you drink it though, it gets a little syrupy and medicinal, towards the end it was getting like cola. Overall, it was good, but I’d prefer a stout.

SynergyXJ (510) - Blacksburg, Virginia, USA - NOV 7, 2007
Bottle Black pour with huge tan head. Very light aroma, mainly a bit of smoked malt. Flavor is a bit more complex, containing roasted malts, toffee, and caramel. Kinda off aftertaste I don’t care for. Overall, pretty good porter.

jcwattsrugger (12524) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - NOV 13, 2007
@ Brazen Head on cask-pours an off white head and black color. Aroma is dark malt-coffee/chocolate. Taste is dark malt-coffee/licorice/chocolate, dark fruit, some hops bite. Good porter. Occasional.

Jan Primus (160) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 27, 2008
I found this porter to be thin in body and somewhat sharp and metallic in taste. For from the sweet, rich taste I expect from a porter.