overall
RATINGS: 378   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13/5   SEASONAL: Summer   IBU: 17   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
Brewed in the style of a mid-19th century English Festival Ale, this unfiltered wheat beer displays a translucent orange color topped with a creamy, white head. Wheat enhances the mouthfeel of the beer and produces pleasant bread-like notes while Michigan honey provides a caramelized sweetness in the flavor profile. This beer is spiced with orange peel and coriander and small amounts of three hop varieties pleasantly counterbalances the sweetness.

Deuce7887 (1) - - JUN 17, 2012 does not count
A very under rated beer in my opinion. It is a great summer time beer, especially in a can!

Hopper8 (205) - Holland, Michigan, USA - MAY 1, 2017
Sometimes, I just disagree with ratebeer and critics in general. I would drink one of these or an Oberon everyday of the summer, and for me because I don’t drink beer super often if I would turn to this regularly that matters. The flavor and aromas are just really pleasant. It’s a really nice beer for me.

czechguy (3) - USA - OCT 5, 2002 does not count
Simpely the best summer beer brewed in Michigan at this moment, to bad it's all gone till next spring. I still have a couple bottles to get me thru. Had it at the brewery in June and the hops,color,aroma and finish blew me away!!

lana5 (62) - Canton, Michigan, USA - APR 28, 2014
Orange aroma, similar to Oberon. Very mild but tasty. Very good. Citrus taste but not overpowering. Delicious.

goldie99 (5) - USA - OCT 15, 2001 does not count
A very nice drinkable wheat beer. Solid....................................

BOSSbrewer (2705) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 5, 2013
Great lawower beer. Slight grassy. Rated this with another app and BeerBuddy unfortunately won't let me import comments.

proc (342) - Dearborn, Michigan, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Here in Michigan, we are blessed with two fine summer beers. Bell's Oberon and Arcadia's Whitsun. This beer is flat out, good. There is a light citrus taste with malt sweetness to it. It is unlike any wheat I've had before. There are hops, but they are there for balance, not for show. A very easy to drink beer and due to that I am giving it a '5' in the 'Mouthfeel' category as it just feels and tastes right. While Oberon is one of my all-time favorites and a great summer beer, I can honestly say Whitsun ranks right up there. A great summer beer.

hoppymeal (38) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - APR 21, 2007
One of the first really warm and sunny days this spring in Michigan make me reach for the Whitsun. Whitsun is gold to copper in color and hazy. Peaches and wheat aromas are present along with a faint honey sweetness. Honey wheat and a light citrusy sweet taste. This one goes down so easy, it is very refreshing and highly drinakable. Low carbonation with a medium body. A great seasonal that I love to enjoy with some barbecued chicken in the summer.

tourette (225) - Seattle, Washington, USA - SEP 20, 2001
An excellent wheat beer. Rivals Bell's Oberon..............................

jtclockwork (16831) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 4, 2010
One of the better summer wheats I’ve had. Orange amber pour. Fruity wheat nose and taste. Rated 8/31/08