overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 164   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.12/5   EST. CALORIES: 159   ABV: 5.3%
Also sold in British Supermarkets Co-op, Somerfield and Waitrose as their own brand Wheat Beers.

Labeled as Bavarian Wheat Beer in US

Emmett_grogan (9) - melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAY 5, 2013 does not count
summer and wheat beer go hand in hand- now we have the perfect brew to accompany the perfect australian summer. Great taste

TravelByBob (15) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 12, 2004
Had a six pack sent to me from a friend from Munchen. A delicious wheat beer with a great flavor and great pour. I like my wheats as cloudy as possible and this one is right up my alley

cazort (565) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 2, 2014
On tap at a restaurant in Regensburg, Germany. Probably the least characteristic German Hefeweizen that I’ve had. Aroma only subtly fruity, with none of the banana or other estery notes that I associate with this style. Very enjoyable, and I’d especially recommend this to people who like wheat beers but are put off by the estery profile of some German Hefeweizens. Full-bodied, fairly sweet, rich, with a warming quality, but also not too heavy. Almost no sourness, but also not much bitterness. Very pleasant to drink. Overall I liked the Arcobräu brews less than typical examples of their style, but this was an exception, I think it is my favorite beer from this brewery so far.

Teran (332) - Belgrade, SERBIA - JUL 5, 2017
Murky pale orange colour. Average but fast disappearing white top. Classic German refreshment. Fruity aroma, medium body, well balanced with nice carbonation. Neutral, easy to drink.

shoestring (419) - larkhall, SCOTLAND - JAN 10, 2008
Somerfiled Bavarian Wheat Beer. Good for the money. Poured with the usual big fluffy head. Nice fruity banana citrus clovey banana wheat beer smell. Cloudy murky dark orange/brown. I got some caramel and sweet malts in there too.

RyanE (145) - British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 3, 2013
Great looking pour typical of the style. Large white head, cloudy orange/brown liquid. Definitely wheat dominated. Lots of grass and straw. Raw dough. Dried apricot and Banana. Lighter bodied but feels bigger with the increased carbonation. Clean finish. Solid beer.

dj (625) - Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 10, 2007
Bottle, 500ml. A cloudy golden colour with a large white head. Aroma is musty with wheat and banana. Taste is more wheat and banana with some caramel. High carbonation. A sweet, citrus finish. What more can I say - this is a perfect Hefeweizen.

ralphdot (1098) - Billingham, Durham, ENGLAND - APR 25, 2012
5.3% cloudy cold colour with a good head, slightly smoky banana aroma and a classic wheat beer taste.

artyom (1132) - Osijek, CROATIA - NOV 1, 2016
0.5l bottle. Hazy golden color with lasting white head. Aroma is banana, wheat and cloves. Taste is bready with wheat and some tartness. Overall it’s very good Weizen.

Maria (10211) - Thisted, DENMARK - FEB 23, 2012
It’s unclear golden with a huge, creamy, white head. The aroma is mild but with distinct notes of banana, yeast and wheat. The sweet flavor is packed with banana notes - yummi, I also find yeast and wheat. It’s both mild and very full-bodied at the same time. The finish is slightly dry and spicy.