overall
RATINGS: 4266   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

chicagobears (473) - Elk Grove Village, Illinois, USA - JUL 5, 2006
Found this at a friends house when on vacation. He doesn’t really drink beer and got this as a gift. Lucky me. Poured a rustic red and copper head. This one may have been sitting a while, cause it had a smooth, mellow nutty malty flavor. Not much hop presence to note about. The aroma was spicy and malty. Has a well rounded complexity. I will eventually try a new bottle and compare.

pintocb (654) - Hoon, Georgia, USA - JUL 2, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 4, 2006 I tried this beer about four years ago, very early into my craft beer education. At the time I thought wheat beers were odd, so when I saw this one on the menu at a Mellow Mushroom in Chattanooga I wanted to try it just based on the name and idea. I hated it. Since then I have developed a taste for malt and hops that I didn’t have before. I tried this again last night and loved it. It had a great feel to it. The balanced malt and hop character. The aroma of bread and some cherry....wow. I can’t imagine what the ABA on oak is like....

DuffMan (10421) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 29, 2006
Deep rich ruby-copper with a frothy brown head. Mouthwatering aromas of burnt english toffee and soft fruits. Chunky brown sugar malt married to strong resiny/citrus hop character. Incredibley enjoyable. Well-earned arrogance.

jennajlover (135) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 29, 2006
Amber and perfectly clear, oily hoppy aromaand hints of german malt peek though, a initiial bitter hoppy beer but amazing enough there is a ton of malt to balance this out. one of the best bottle beers I have had

mojoman (158) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 25, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 26, 2012 Had it on tap at the Beer Sellar in Newport Ky, which made for an even more enjoyable experience than what I had experienced via bottle. Full of hops.

thebaldwizard (1207) - Ohio, USA - JUN 23, 2006
The Arrogant Bastard pours a nice reddish brown color with a medium sized head. The aroma is strongly hoppy with some spices. The taste is very hoppy, but with enough malt to balance it fairly well. I wasn’t blown away by this one, but it is a solid brew. "

dkoonce (911) - People’s Republic of Athens, Ohio, USA - JUN 23, 2006
Bottle. Dark brown but not quite opaque. The head is full, but faded quick. The aroma is clearly peaches. BTW, I hate peaches. But, I will soldier on. The body is medium light with a clear flavor of pine and peaches overlaced with alcohol. The finish is short and bitter, owing to the overhopping. I suspect that the brewer hopped this to piss-off and macro drinker who picked this beer by mistake. I’m dinging the Aroma, Flavor and Overall for the peach flavors I do not like.

JFURYCAT (1078) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 22, 2006
This isn’t the first time I’ve had this beer but I appreciate it now much more than when I had it at a beer fest years ago. The bitter hoppy finish seems to glide on through, leaving me scant time to appreciate its rose-like floral bouquet which to me is the bonus part of this beer. That bonus is a bit overshadowed by the bitterness. The aroma seems to some character too but the malty character seems to subdue its potential exuberence. The overall aggressiveness of this beer isn’t bad but it seems a tad unbalanced to me as far as the hops are concerned.

railcat1 (702) - Kissimmee, Florida, USA - JUN 21, 2006
good ale smooth not as hop up as i like but a refreshing change will drink again and recomend

bitbucket (2165) - Kirkland, Washington, USA - JUN 20, 2006
Bomber. Pours a reddish amber with a lacy off-white head. Aromas of oranges, pine, fruit, malt and yeast. Creamy medium tot full body with light carbonation. The taste starts lightly sweet with toffee, oranges and goes to a lingering bitter piney grapefruit finish.