overall
RATINGS: 4155   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wont like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jrob21 (3519) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Paired with a double bastard courtesy of andrew and shared with shawn for hooking me up with a sweet radiohead bootleg. This is one rockin brew. Smells of orange and spices. Great hops and well balanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Tybalt (212) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - FEB 4, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2006 Wow! An incredible beer. I felt that their IPA was a very good beer, but its not really my type of beer so I wasnt too sure Id like this one. Boy, was I wrong...and thankful I am of that. Dont hesitate to give this one a shot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HomebrewIT (6) - USA - FEB 4, 2006 does not count
Its got a strong flavor to it but if you are a true beer fan you will apprecaite the nuiances in the taste. Good red to amber color.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
sersdf (1020) - chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 3, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 19, 2006 great beer. pretty drinkable, contrary to the label. my friends claimed to like the sip i offered them, but they were in the midst of their power hours with michelob light draft, so i dont think that means anything.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Oycpff (93) - USA - JAN 31, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2006 Nice Redish brown body with tan head with lots of beautiful hops. Moderate body and perfect carbonation

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Capa (2951) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - JAN 31, 2006
Poured a deep red with some off white, or tan head. Beautiful aroma of hops, fruit and citrus. Very tasty! Flavor is bitter with plenty of hops, fruit and some pine as well. Some malt is hiding in the background as well. Some will like it, others wont. Im glad Im with those who enjoy this brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
tcruicks (282) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 29, 2006
Average in both appearance and aroma, not exactly inviting. Feels great on the tongue, like a warm blanket, foamy, creamy. Nothing special about the flavor, I just want to swallow it immediately. This beer is OK, just OK, nothing special but not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
pnista (1007) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 29, 2006
A thin but dense head. A dark (blackish) red color with large visible bubbles. The aroma is straight up alcohol and tart fruity hops. The mouth feel is surprisingly good given the high CO2 evident from observing the beer. Its smouth and a bit sticky even. The flavor is fierce with alcohol, though not exceptionally rich. Theresa hint of tart apple and some tang. The aftertaste is surprsingly pleasant.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
warriorx99 (85) - USA - JAN 28, 2006
I didnt like this one at all. It has a good aroma to it, but way too hoppy and bitter for my tastes. This beer strikes me as being mostly hype.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sarah3961 (29) - allston, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 28, 2006
dark reddish brown, complex flavors. Drinkable, but I didnt love it. Bitter finish. Not to alchohol-tasting. I mainly ordered it because I dont think Ive ever had it before- it was okay, in a situation where the choices were arrogant bastard or budweiser I would choose the arrogant bastard, but otherwise I would opt for something else.