overall
RATINGS: 4217   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wont like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 17, 2006
Bottle Pours clear brown with a small creamy light brown head. The head lasts well and produces great lacing. Aroma has a strong maltiness. I get some chocolate with some cookie. The carbination is perfect. Has a full body with a good palate and a slick texture. A good duration and a wonderful finish. A very good aftertaste. This is very good. The bottle has all kinds of insults on it. Its rather amusing. I would not hand one of these to my none craft buddies bt who cares this is darn good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Paskal (146) - La Prairie, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 15, 2006
Bouteille-Une brune trs fonce aux reflets de ruby. Trs forte odeur de houblon et dagrumes. Rondeur moyenne mais trs durable. Un dlice!--Bottle-A dark brown ale with some ruby reflection. Very strong odorof hops and citrus. Meduim palate but lasting

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DJMonarch (9179) - Northwich, Cheshire, ENGLAND - MAR 15, 2006
On Tap at the Falling Rock Tap House, Denver 02/10/2005 Amber coloured and extremely hoppy. Crisp on the palate with a malt finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
WhiteSoxFan (152) - USA - MAR 14, 2006
22 oz. bottle. Pours dark amber with decent sized tan head that disperses quickly, but leaves nice lacing. Very clear. Aroma is fruity hops. Big malt backbone with some sweetness and a ton of bitterness and hop flavor for a good balance. Medium mouthfeel with a good amount of carbonation. I have to say Im having this one a little warmer than Ive ever had it. (Bought cold, but been in the car for a couple hours.) I will revisit it fridge cold. I love this beer. Not every day, all the time, but a great beer that is right up my alley.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
LePoopie (151) - Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 14, 2006
Thanks to Chuck for the sample. Good malty aroma. Also had a good dark amber body, with a light tan head that was quite frothy. Pleasant malty and chocolatey flavor; quite strong. Good body and texture and carbonation. Overall, this was quite good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jgeiman (27) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAR 13, 2006
Had it on draft at Atlantic Chip Shop in Brooklyn. Great beer to go with a heavy plate of fish and chips. Big hop character and maltiness ending with alcohol notes. My friend said "whoah" after drinking it, but I thought it was really good. The alcohol will definitely get you if youre not careful. Curious to try a bottle at home where I can give this beer its due attention.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
smcd (366) - USA - MAR 12, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 11, 2007 (22oz Bottles. Draft) OK. So, I admit it. Im not worthy. I dont like it. I dont have the sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. Big aromas ... of hops ... of malt. Beautiful, deep, deep amber. Aggressive flavors -- harsh crystal malts with deep sweetness and caramel all over the huge body cut against by an even more aggressive hoppiness. Like sucking on a maple-syrup-soaked grapefruit rind that has been flash-fried to carmelize the maple. Im rating it down because, well, like I said, I aint worthy. Go for it, kid!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerprincess (52) - Indiana, USA - MAR 10, 2006
I am a huge fan of this brew. I like that it is bold and has a huge taste. I was surprised at myself for being such a fan of the hops. What I like most about this beer is the nice linger it leaves on your tongue.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
badnewsbeers (2312) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 9, 2006
RATING 400...thank you to silphium....pours cloudy dark orange with medium frothy off-white head...aroma is of sugar, grapefruit hops, and fruits....flavor is equally satisfying, and is purely floral and grapefruit blended with a nice sugary malt backbone...palate is nice and thick....good stuff

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Botolph (16) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - MAR 8, 2006
While this beer is too hoppy for me to drink on every occasion its perfect when Im in the mood for it.