overall
RATINGS: 4002   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

Sputerbug (118) - Nacogdoches, Texas, USA - JUL 19, 2006
Bottle 22oz .Poured a dark amber color with a nice frothy light tan head .The aroma of noble hops was very pronouned along with hints of maltiness.The taste was of strong hops with a nice balance from the malt.A very good brew .

Trooper11 (468) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - JUL 19, 2006
Great pour, shared mine with 3 friends but next time I think I ’ll need a private tasting with just me after the kids go to bed. Loved it.

goldenmonkey (2) - king of prussia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2006 does not count
Beautiful appearance, a deep reddish brown amber. Not much of an aroma to it, but the taste is strong. It carries a strong aftertaste of bitterness, which somewhat turns me off to it, but it’s a great drink

undsioux7 (872) - Eden Prairie, Minnesota, USA - JUL 11, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2007 Pours a very nice amber color with long lasting head. Aroma wasn’t strong, what was there was nice, some caramel, floral, yeasty dough. Some bitterness at the very end but well balanced, very nice mouth feel. Grim IS Worthy!

grimreeser (797) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 11, 2006
Pours a very nice amber color with long lasting head. Aroma wasn’t strong, what was there was nice, some caramel, floral, and some peach. Some bitterness, very nice mouth feel.

CultHero (16) - Vancouver, Washington, USA - JUL 11, 2006
This beer pours a rich amber color with a tan head that lasts throughout the pint. Great aroma from the initial malts to the hoppy floral aromas. The flavor is a great balance of malts and hops although the hops tended to have a bit of a grassy aftertaste. Excellent mouthfeel and body.

TonyBanannas (36) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 10, 2006
One of the first beers that turned me from the major markets. Sadly I haven’t had the chance to do a serious rating until now. I drink it regularly, but either laziness, or just the desire to enjoy the brew without thought has stopped me. This goes for a few other brews, including Stones IPA. Any ways, bottle, pours a deep brownish amber with a thin off white head, nice lace. Aroma is floral with hops, Carmel, and citrus? Taste is mildly hoppy, though well balanced. Finish is bitter as it should be. This is a brew I could drink over and over, and I do. Any one who enjoys craft brews should at least try it.

biznizness (1128) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 9, 2006
Hoppy and delicious, this is a monster of a beer. Don’t know what took me so long to rate this one.

elektronikfagtekniker (891) - kbh, DENMARK - JUL 9, 2006
bottle. deep amber color. hoppy aroma. taste of berrys. bit yeasty and sour. very bitter and hoppy.

asteele8 (322) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JUL 7, 2006
Bottle. Poured copper brown color with a white head. Very smooth flavor. A little malty and sweet but I can taste some hops. A balance between the two. Very enjoyable. Excellent brew! I am worthy!