overall
RATINGS: 3985   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

Nejhleader (1574) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 6, 2006
Had on tap. Pretty good brew. Really good stuff, bit orangeish, hops. Was fairly smooth. Would like to get some more.

mbeem (104) - New Hope, Alabama, USA - FEB 6, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 28, 2006 Wow! What a beer! Poured amber into the glass. Nose of HOPS and citrus. Taste of HOPS and grapefruit and HOPS. Slightest hint of malt along with HOPS. Good carbonation and HOPS. A terribly overrated beer IMO, in great part because it says "Stone" on the label.

Did I mention the HOPS??

Lowe1983 (1632) - Dayton, Ohio, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Pours a dark amber color with a thick tannish head. Aroma is slighty citrusy with hops. Taste begins citrusy but ends with a strong hoppy flavor and alcohol warming. Very delicious

jrob21 (3809) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - FEB 5, 2006
Paired with a double bastard courtesy of andrew and shared with shawn for hooking me up with a sweet radiohead bootleg. This is one rockin’ brew. Smells of orange and spices. Great hops and well balanced.

Tybalt (212) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - FEB 4, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 9, 2006 Wow! An incredible beer. I felt that their IPA was a very good beer, but it’s not really my type of beer so I wasn’t too sure I’d like this one. Boy, was I wrong...and thankful I am of that. Don’t hesitate to give this one a shot.

HomebrewIT (6) - USA - FEB 4, 2006 does not count
Its got a strong flavor to it but if you are a true beer fan you will apprecaite the nuiances in the taste. Good red to amber color.

sersdf (1020) - chicago, Illinois, USA - FEB 3, 2006
UPDATED: MAY 19, 2006 great beer. pretty drinkable, contrary to the label. my friends claimed to like the sip i offered them, but they were in the midst of their power hours with michelob light draft, so i don’t think that means anything.

Oycpff (93) - USA - JAN 31, 2006
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2006 Nice Redish brown body with tan head with lots of beautiful hops. Moderate body and perfect carbonation

Capa (3448) - Kitsap, Washington, USA - JAN 31, 2006
Poured a deep red with some off white, or tan head. Beautiful aroma of hops, fruit and citrus. Very tasty! Flavor is bitter with plenty of hops, fruit and some pine as well. Some malt is hiding in the background as well. Some will like it, others won’t. I’m glad I’m with those who enjoy this brew.

tcruicks (282) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 29, 2006
Average in both appearance and aroma, not exactly inviting. Feels great on the tongue, like a warm blanket, foamy, creamy. Nothing special about the flavor, I just want to swallow it immediately. This beer is OK, just OK, nothing special but not bad.