overall
RATINGS: 4266   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

beermug1964 (4) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - NOV 19, 2005 does not count
A recomemended brew. It has a really good taste not too strong. Not something that I would drink all night but would be good with a dog or burger or even to get the night started.

Ratman197 (14826) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - NOV 18, 2005
Bomber poured a clear dark copper with a small amber head. Aromas of lime, a bit of carmel, and pine. Palate was medium bodied and resiny. Flavors of citrus, and carmel with a dry, bitter, astringent finish. I hear it gets better with age,I’ll have to stash a bottle away for a couple years and see if it improves.

Micro13Brew (12) - USA - NOV 18, 2005
When I first apporached this ale I was skeptical because of the name and not being familiar with Stone Brewing but thanks to Arrogant Bastard I have become and will continue to becom very familiar with there brews.

beerhandy (195) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - NOV 17, 2005
04 bottle pint pub glass The bastard pours a deep copper capped with a generous dollop of biege foam.I remember more hops in past expiences but this seems to smell of strong malt and yeast almost monistic a subtle dubbel there is a spiciness I fiqure the remnents of a hoppy past.The taste is big malt, caramel,butterscotch that is faint but then the bitter hops drys out your mouth.I would think fresher is better.

bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 13, 2005
this beer wasn’t as good as I thought it was going to be. Still its a pretty good drinking beer.

ELPADRINO (70) - The Woodlands, Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Pours dark ruby with lasting 1/4 inch tan head. Aroma is flowery with strong hops. Taste is strong with hops and cloves. There is a hint of citrus as well. The cloves carry on into the aftertaste. Carbonation is low, so it’s easy to swallow a big gulp and appreciate the taste. The alcohol taste is not overpowering and creates a nice warmth going down. This is my first American strong ale, and it is excellent.

leaparsons (10541) - Wigston, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 8, 2005
Bottle. Chestnut in colour with a fluffy beige head. Aromas are spices and pine with toffee lurking in the background - also alcohol, obviously. Flavours are initially soft toffee and caramel malts that are soon superceded by dry, woody, yet green pine. Very prickly on the palate with a bitter finish. The very powerful alcohol almost destroys the beers character. Almost.

alcoholica (128) - Dublin, Ohio, USA - NOV 6, 2005
damn good beer, not as powerful as the double bastard, but I think I like it better. It’s like a taste explosion. Just name about 15 charachters on smell and taste in your head real quick and I’ll bet they are in this beer.

RichardGretton (4770) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - NOV 6, 2005
Bottle. Brown/reddish beer with a caramel/dry aroma and a lightly hoped flavour. The beer is dizzy juice, dry and bitter with a very vinous edge.

onelststnd (19) - Bakersfield, California, USA - NOV 5, 2005
The first thing you notice is nice aroma on th is on. Not too strong, just right. Has a nice taste, not too bitter. Not heavy like some ales can be. All in all, a good but not spectacular ale.