overall
RATINGS: 3950   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

altkencru (143) - USA - OCT 31, 2005
Pretty good, although definitely not a drinking beer. This is another high alcohol beer better done while reading a book or relaxing after a long day.

Dough77 (821) - Aurora, Illinois, USA - OCT 31, 2005
Pours a dark ruby with big white head. Aroma is caramel, malt, raisin and a slight hop and alcohol. Taste is similar, but caramel and malt dominate through and through in this heavy chewy ale with a nice aftertaste of toffee.

awebster (165) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - OCT 31, 2005
They’re not kidding. It is truly an aggressive beer. Very nicely hopped, with still a fair representation of malt. A big beer for big beer drinkers, although I suspect half the reason I drink it is for the image....

hellomynameis (877) - Mayer, Minnesota, USA - OCT 30, 2005
You can taste a nice base of caramel, malt, and some spice. This is suddenly and deligtfully washed over by some fantastic citrus-like hops. This is a tastefully powerful beer that really is pretty damn arrogant and not for the faint of heart.

tlitt2 (58) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - OCT 29, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2005 On tap at Mellow Mushroom. Dark orange with tan head, looks beautiful. Powerfully sweet aroma, like cooked sugar and hops. Biting fruit, like grapefruit, piney, hoppey. Palate is fairly heavy. This beer owns me.

amalsugar (41) - Tremonton, Utah, USA - OCT 28, 2005
A friend got me a bottle ( I think she thinks I’m arrogant) , but wow this is a good beer. The hops really don’t hit you until you swallow, but then they linger. Excellent beer.

Jeffsloane (10) - USA - OCT 26, 2005
I love this beer. A hometown favorite in San Diego and well deserved. Opening up a bottle releases an amazing aroma. The appearance is dark and rich and the flavor follows through with a well bodied bitter that stays in your mouth for a long time. Drink on an empty stomach, because this stuff is filling and youre going to want a lot of it.

PeterLikesBeer (104) - Berwyn Heights, Maryland, USA - OCT 26, 2005
Pours a dark amber with a tan head. Aroma is fruity, nevertheless you can still smell some malt and hops in the beer. The flavor has hops initially, which give way to malt flavors. Good beer.

blankboy (7714) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 25, 2005
Bottle. Ah, Arrogant Bastard, I’ve had you before but never rated you and now I get a whole bomber of you to myself! Woohoo! Pours a bubbly dark mahogany with a lovely large foamy off-white head -- it looks great! Aroma is a near-perfect blend of fresh citrus hops, roasted malt, caramel and spices -- man, that’s some good smellin’! Flavour follows the aroma but the hops are more upfront, way more upfront and I love it. I love the mouthfull of hops -- it’s a hop-party in my mouth. Not as hoppy as some of their other beers but there’s a reason it has such a great reputation -- it’s a damn fine beer and one of the best American ales you’ll find.

shanereid (75) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - OCT 24, 2005
Really very strong and rightfully named. Drink slowly and appreciate the caramel, tofee, and hops. The tastes mgiht hide the hops at times, but the hops will eventually reign supreme in your mouth. I’ll say it again, drink slowly.