overall
RATINGS: 4270   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

thehipone (197) - AUSTRALIA - DEC 25, 2004
Tasted from a 22oz bottle. The label doesnt lie, this is a big beer, aggressively hopped. It pours out to a really deep ruby color in the glass with a creamy off-white/tan head. It starts with a sweet, almost chocolatey/caramely malt flavor before the real arrogance kicks in. There is an intense flavor of american hops that is somewhat citrusy. The alcohol isn’t really detectable through all of the hops. It is highly bitter in the finish, but has a very thick mouthfeel. Good beer, but one bottle is probably enough.

beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 24, 2004
bottle. who likes hops...mmm I do! nice tawny brown color with a half inch frothy head, great lacing! Initial sweet malt flavor quickly devoured by intense hops. hops hops hops. tiny smoky aftertaste, slight fruity orange subtilties...good, but you gotta love hops...the malt was a little syruppy for me, would have liked the malt a little less dark..just a smidge, all in all an amazing brew!! last bottle in the store! ( woody’s see my review if you live in middle TN)

Dub85323 (9) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - DEC 22, 2004 does not count
This beer is AWESOME!!..Beautiful deep amber with a delicous tan head. To me this beer smells somewhat fruity. Deliciously smooth but still with a bite. Awesome beer. I’m lucky to be able to get this anywhere here in Phoenix..

davidCC (130) - New York, USA - DEC 20, 2004
I wasn’t really a huge fan of this beer, was expecting a lot more out of it i guess. Had a great dark amber color but the taste never quite felt right. Maybe it was the high alcohol content, but it just didn’t sit over well with my tongue. Guess "i’m not worthy"

GuilTTy (733) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - DEC 17, 2004
Had this beer on tap at a small place in northeastern Pennsylvania (don’t remember the bar). Rich brass pour w/ reddish highlights supporting a solid dirty white head. Aroma of big hops with a touch of roasted malt and smoke. Fantastic full bodied hops everywhere but with a little less bitterness than, say, Victory’s Hop Devil or Hop Wallop. Nice balance of malts. This beer is more complex than amy of the other intensely hoppy beers I’ve tried. Unfortunately, it’s not available near me - or I haven’t found it yet - so I’ll have to remember the name of that place so I can get another few pints.

Sregnar35 (1030) - Rotterdam, New York, USA - DEC 15, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 28, 2005 I love hops and I love this beer. Awesome strong hair spray burn on your tongue that I love so much. Hops galore, and good alcohol content.

albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - DEC 11, 2004
Prime golden dark color, the perfect tinge. Nice head, plenty of aroma. Hops & malt balanced very well, with fruity notes coming through traces of smokiness. Tasted a bit strange at first until my palate adjusted and i could hardly put the glass down ’til it was empty. Doesnt get much better than this. Too bad its so hard to get around here.

wnhay (722) - Princeton, New Jersey, USA - DEC 7, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2005 Great beer. Stone Brewing has been wonderful so far. Bravo! Very bitter, but I liked that. Really quite good. It was very easy to drink and the aftertaste is very strong. The aroma is great. Nothing wrong with this. I would recommend not drinking this warm. It is not good warm in my opinion.

fiulijn (20493) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 5, 2004
Dark copper color; creamy head. The aroma is malty, hoppy but not fruity as expected; some roasted malt. Full body, very good malt, nutty. Immediately the bitterness takes over, for a bold final (again, not particularly fruity nor aromatic).

malika (36) - SWITZERLAND - DEC 5, 2004
Cloudy brown color. Strong aroma of hop, fragrant, and roasted malt. Really bitter taste, some caramel and some sweetness. The final is very bitter but not enough fragrant. Good, but I don’t go crazy...