overall
RATINGS: 4187   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.88/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably wont like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

MayorQuimby (100) - Santa Barbara, California, USA - DEC 4, 2004
Bottle. Deep amber color, gorgeous tan head that clung strongly to my glass. Great aroma. Sweet and malty, hoppy, some smoky flavor too, fits together well. I cant taste the alcohol. Aftertaste keeps everything melded together very well, wonderfully smooth for a beer this strong. The Double Bastard is certainly superior, but Ill gladly drink this any chance I get.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheCEO (100) - USA - JUL 26, 2007
So I made an appearance at Taco Mac last night. I walked to the bar with my head held high and looked down my nose at the redneck with his Bud Light...I then turned my head towards the bartender and ordered The Arrogant Bastard....my sole purpose yesterday was to enjoy Beer and get drunk. Reviewing was the furthest thing from my mind as I had #99 (Oak Aged Yeti) and #100 (Rodenbach Grand Cru) stored at home waiting to be my passage into Legend. ALAS! THE SCRIPT HAS BEEN FLIPPED!...I am now COMPELLED to rate last nights fare. The Quality I serendipitously encountered MUST be noted for future generations. Arrogant Bastard. I am You, and You are Me. WE...are One.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SGTHibbert (100) - Perry, Iowa, USA - AUG 12, 2007
Dark dark brown. Very hoppy. Very strong and very intense. If you have not had this style before be prepared. This beer is Very intense.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ChrisJ (100) - Warrenton, Virginia, USA - OCT 20, 2007
Pours deep amber with a nice off white head which leaves light lacing on the glass. Aroma is BIG with notes of citrus, slightly sweet, big grapefruit. Flavor is equally big hoppy with the same grapefruit flavor. Piney, citrus bitterness gives way to a dry bitter finish. Very aggressive, very nice. The grapefruit is the star of this show.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
popdoggy (100) - USA - MAR 24, 2008
This was served on tap at Fatheads in Pittsburgh. Not the most enjoyable drink I had that night. I want to try it again, maybe along side of some dipas.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
chrisafari (100) - Orange, California, USA - JUN 5, 2008
On tap at Yard-House, Brea. Pours dark brownish red with a fluffy brown head. Aroma of hops with a hint of malt. Flavor begins complex and hoppy, then becomes spicy and intense. Palate is medium bodied and leaves a dry hoppy after-taste on the sides of the tongue and back of the throat. Hops definitely dominate, but finishes with subtle caramel malts. Nothing quite like Arrogant Bastard.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
flyingshoes (100) - USA - JUN 1, 2009
22 oz bottle. Never been my favorite Stone, which might just be my favorite brewery. I could never get much flavor out of it; its hoppy, but I never felt there was too much else going on. Good and reasonably priced, but never my first choice.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
mhot55 (99) - USA - JUL 29, 2007
"OK. Not bad. Aroma was good, appearance was deep amber. Flavor was perplexing- to me the alcohol was a little too high over the other flavors. If this was subdued a little, the flavor would be better. after going for a few more, enjoyed this alot more- definitely hoppy but malt sweetness doues come through in the backround

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
darkko (99) - Kingsport, Tennessee, USA - JUL 21, 2006
Very floral and fruity aroma and taste. You dont even realize the high alcohol content. A very good ale!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
sisyphus12 (99) - Belmont, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 30, 2006
Strong pleasant smell that brings to mind something metallic like...but in a good way. There is a seductive red hue to this otherwise dark brown and generally opaque beer. A strong hoppy explosion is immediate upon sipping that mellows out quickly with a slight but noticable tart aftertaste. Overall the finish is smooth and refreshing. A great beer.