overall
RATINGS: 3985   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

1.4
Icommonsewer (125) - TUCSON, Arizona, USA - AUG 28, 2007
you had better love IPAs if you buy this stuff! This may be the most grapefruity crap I’ve ever tasted!!! I’d have liked to be a fly on the wall when they made this junk... "Lets just dump 10X more hops into this batch and see what happens"

a10555 (125) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - OCT 22, 2007
I treat myself to this beer every so often, and realize everytime I drink it, why I don’t drink it all the time...I don’t want to become a friend of Bill W. This beer is one of the better ones by Stone, strong strong and strong. Shoot buy it just to read the bottle.

johndavidj99 (125) - Dallas, Maine, USA - JAN 8, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2008 Yeah, it is bitter to taste. Taste is of cat urine. I guess I am a novice. I will re-rate it later and get back to you...

1.4
CP (124) - USA - FEB 13, 2008
Not a big fan of AB. Little bit to arrogant for me. Has a big alcohol taste for it being 7.2%. I have had beers that are 10% and I couldn’t tell at all. Not so with this. It’s just not a very enjoyable drink.

jeremyd365 (124) - Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA - APR 7, 2008
Poured dark amber. The menu called it an "amber ale" but I would call it something heavier myself. You can smell the delicious hops from some distance away, luring you in. The taste is strong, but not overwhelming. It feels great in your mouth and goes down smooth. On tap and from the bottle, the Arrogant Bastard is always great. Highly recommend!

jnelson_22 (124) - Heerlen, NETHERLANDS - JUN 6, 2010
This one pours a nice, clear, dark amber/light brown with a good, smooth, off-white head that fades slowly, leaving nice lacing. Nose is a big hop profile: dominated by citrus and pine, but also spicy hops, and a strong backbone of sweet amber malt. In the mouth is an excellent balance leading with sweet, bicuity malts and a quickly developing spicy, grassy hop kick that really come through on the swallow with lingering piney hop bitterness. As it warms, it develops a nice fruity character and maybe even hints of chocolate and tobacco. The perfect example of an American Strong Ale?

AcctError13610 (124) - Montgomery, New York, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Frothy thick light tan head. Dark red body light hoppy aroma. hoppy tate bitter finish nice lacing

WSSmiles (124) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - DEC 25, 2006
Poured from a bottle, little middle brown head with a reddish brown cloudy body. the aroma was that of citris and pine like not nearly as strong as the 2b bastard that I had in the past. Pine smell was also present in the flavor. This was a gift from an elf that has been very nice, and that knows her beer. Palate again not as strong as the double bastard however was strong. Overall a very good beer for xmas night after a long long couple days. Thank you elf.

DomiNate (123) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAY 30, 2004
This was my first beer rating. I’ve had a few beers in my day, but have been stuck with the normal, everyday bar beers. My friends have talked me into expanding my adventures. This was my first. Very impressed with their choice. This beer had a flowery aroma with a stong hops presence. Full bodied, and a very impressive start.