overall
RATINGS: 3985   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87/5   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
This is an aggressive beer. You probably won’t like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth.

Oakes (18776) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 23, 2000
UPDATED: APR 30, 2003 The best I've ever had brought some wonderful citrusy, leafy hops overtop of the crystal malt. This trend carried through the earthy body. If it's not so fresh, and doesn't have a fresh, rich hop aroma, it gets dominated by that malt and is not nearly as impressive nor enjoyable.

CrumpyC99 (15) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - OCT 11, 2001
I really don't see what's so special about this beer, It's very good, the bottle is an excellent read, but I swear the taste is not very unique. I swear I've had a half dozen other beers that taste very similar.

MrRain00 (37) - Columbus, Indiana, USA - DEC 25, 2001
Despite the label, I wasn't ready for the taste. It's really quite good once you've grown accustomed to the aggressive flavour. I really enjoyed this beer, even if my wife said it was the worst piss she'd ever had!

bb (9789) - Alamo, California, USA - JAN 16, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 8, 2006 Bottle. If you’re a hophead, this is the one. It’s not over the top as some beers can be and tries to find some balance with the malt, but its the hops that’ll keep you coming back. This is one of a few beers I miss while living in the UK. Rich dark reddish brown/amber color with a big off-white head. Rich flavor and body. Caramel backing. Grapefruit and tar

bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 1, 2002
Great artwork and text on the bottle! The back is hilarious. Inventive taste, a must try. I couldn't drink it every day.

Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 18, 2002
Very hoppy, great deep color, and very complex. This is a must try if you haven't yet.

Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUN 28, 2002
Arrogant with good reason. Gives ya something to think about. Definately not something I could drink every day but an interesting experience.

weusebio (69) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 17, 2002
looks, smells and tastes good. an amazing beer. even if it weren't, you'd still want to drink it because it's cool.

nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2002
The attitude so agressively displayed on the bottle is carried out inside the bottle. Beautiful color with a slight roasted flavor.

Blake (398) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 23, 2002
A very strong ale with a top-notch flavor. Not a beer to go with every meal, but definitely good for a night out with the buds. Double the fun with the double arrogant bastard.