RATINGS: 46   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.34/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%
Fire Escape is the Escape Artist ESP that is brewed with roasted jalapeno peppers. It is the most popular beer infusion that we had ever done, so we decided to start brewing it!! Give it a try next time you are in one of the locations.... you will ♥ it!!

nathanieletc (3) - Georgia, USA - OCT 30, 2011 does not count
I had this one on draft at the Pizza location, and I loved every sip. It was the first beer I tried on my trip to Asheville, and I immediately knew it’d be the one I’d take home in a growler. The pepper is present throughout the taste, with a lingering on the palate minutes after drinking, and it is unlike any other pepper beer I have tried. This is a new favorite of mine and one I won’t soon forget!

Malty_MacHops (688) - Eastanollee, Georgia, USA - JUN 16, 2013
I was really surprised by this beer. The nose has elements of caramel and brown sugar in it with a nice backing of roasted jalapeno. Brown with a very small head. Sweet in the front, bitter in the middle, and spicy in the end. The heat is not overwhelming, but plays a subtle partner to the beer’s malt profile. Medium bodied with a spicy warming finish. Went great with carnitas and grilled corn.

IPAsavedMYlife (346) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - DEC 24, 2011
A nice easy drinking pale ale with a wonderful jalapeno flavor. Would be interesting to taste the ale w/o the spice. Flavors work excellent together. Guess I expected this to fail, but turned out nice. Enjoyability 5/5.

beerme31 (705) - Holly Springs, North Carolina, USA - NOV 4, 2012
Draft. Pours hazy golden color thin lacing. Aroma of floral, pine, and jalapenos. Medium sweet flavor from the malt, finishes spicy. The spice level is a bit delayed but grows with each sip. Despite the spice, after each sip I’m craving more. One of the most unique beers I’ve had, and I found it to be particularly well done.

ellolovey (483) - Georgia, USA - SEP 27, 2013
On tap at Asheville Pizza and Brewery. Taste like fresh jalapeños. Clear golden pour white head. sweet malts and fresh garden vegetables.. loads of jalapeños.

StinkBall (157) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 18, 2011
You can smell the jalapenos right away. Once you taste it, the pale ale hits you first and then the jalapenos. It gets spicier over time. Jalapenos overwhelm the hops. This is a beer you don’t want to drink without some food. Goes nice with spicy food. Pretty good beer, don’t know if I would have it again but I’m glad I tried it.

GnarlyGnome (1353) - Fairfield, Ohio, USA - MAR 9, 2012
Draft, sampler: aroma is roasted peppers, smells like tasty food. The flavor is more roasty smokiness than heat, but the heat is there a little bit as well. THE BEST pepper beer I have ever had. Tasty,tasty stuff.