overall

RATINGS: 136   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
Flavor swoops in (cue EAGLE SCREAM), grabs you by the face and flies you through the hop rainbow. At the peak of the ride it swoops back to earth and gently drops you back on your bar stool where you are refreshed, excited and ready to ride again. It’s hoppy, bold and American. More bitter than a Cleveland Cavs Fan.
Hops: Summit, Columbus, Centennial, Amarillo
Malts: Pils, C-40, C-60, Wheat
Yeast: American Ale

abitadude (15) - Louisiana, USA - AUG 2, 2011
Amazingly Smooth IPA. This is my first Austin Beerworks brew and I’m definitely impressed. It is super light and fresh in the mouth and has a beautiful hoppy smell with a refreshingly smooth taste. Super smooth amazing session beer.

PlinyTheMiddle (12) - Texas, USA - AUG 30, 2011
I met one of the brewery owners at Caffe Medici and he convinced me to try his beers. Now I want to kiss him. When I popped open the can, it was like someone threw a grapefruit at my face. In a good way. As I poured the beer into a pint glass, I noticed more of a sweet citrus smell and maybe even some pine. I think most IPAs smell much better than they taste, but this one delivers on both fronts. Like the aroma suggested, I tasted a lot of sweet citrus and pine. Lots of flavor but really drinkable. There was not a sweet or bitter aftertaste with this beer. I really like the clean finish. Will by more. Thanks for convincing me!

HopDropandRoll (6) - - AUG 27, 2011 does not count
Forgetting the fact that it comes in a can, this is the best IPA in Texas. And it comes in a can! Great citrus/floral aroma, almost perfect balance and really clean flavors. Damn good beer.

George999 (457) - Colorado, USA - FEB 12, 2015
Pour from tap is clear and a medium amber color, aroma is citrus and hops, taste is hops with a citrus and slight vanilla or toffee nut flavor, great week balanced IPA

docsteigs (542) - Texas, USA - JUL 20, 2013
Lean and mean IPA. Great pour with nose of hops on the floral-flower side. Taste is very well balanced with pleasant dry finish. Great IPA.

fly (1486) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - JUN 14, 2011
I plan to try this again with a fresh pallet and see what I think. As it is, think it’s pretty nice, but due to the continuous ratcheting up of hops in IPAs, this one isn’t a BLOW YOU AWAY hop monster. It is however good, clean and plenty good drinking and one that I can easily imagine going for more than a few times. Yeehaw for local beer!

fata2683 (2176) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - DEC 31, 2011
Can thanks to Bgthang, pours light copper with a medium off white head. Aroma is big pine and toasted malts. Flavor is toast and nutty malts with big juicy pine hop character. Really well done.

colinize (317) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2012
One of my favorite Texas brewed IPAs. Served out of a can, this american style IPA pours a deep reddish gold. High carbonation is evidenced by the continuous stream of rising bubbles. Half finger of head results from the pour. Subtle hop aromas - citrus and some sweet caramel. Beer has good, well rounded body with hop flavor throughout. This beer is very hop forward - not much of a malt characteristic to balance this one out. Resin, pine and light citrus notes dominate the flavor profile of this beer. It’s highly drinkable - almost sessionable, for an IPA.

mrcoffee (13) - Texas, USA - AUG 27, 2012
Clear golden in color with a big, white head that goes down fast but leaves a good amount of lacing. Smells like citrus hops and bready malt. The malt comes out first with those citrus hops playing around on your tongue. Then the bitterness builds slowly until it lingers at a high intensity after swallowing, but the hops aren’t overwhelmingly bitter thoughout. I think this is one of the most balanced and consistent ipas I’ve come across.

ramboraffe (2255) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 27, 2014
355 ml can. Hazy orange with white head. Smell is hoppy pine, grapefruit and floral. Taste is bitter grapefruit, pine and flowers. Dry with medium bitterness and low carbonation.