Avery Barrel-Aged Series 13 - Odio Equum

overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 213   ABV: 7.1%
Ale Brewed with Red Raspberries and aged in Cabernet Sauvignon Barrels.

poisoneddwarf (2646) - Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho, USA - NOV 20, 2012
12 oz bottle, bottled on Sept. 21, 2012. Pours hazy reddish-brown with a fast-collapsing beige head. Aroma is nice and funky, woody, bretty, vanilla. Taste is mouth-puckering sour and acidic, finishes with a tannic dryness; it’s fruity, although I wouldn’t guess raspberries if the label didn’t mention them. Body is full, prickly mouthfeel. Excellent!

WildcardZone (6) - Montana, USA - JUL 1, 2013 does not count
Bottled: 21 Sep 2012 443 cases produced 7.10% ABV Aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels for 12 months 3 Sacchromyces strains, 3 Brettanomyces strains, lactobacillus, and pediococcus used Subtle raspberry, but clearly present, i.e. wonderfully balanced. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

LinusStick (3506) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 9, 2015
Courtesy Secret Santa 2014. You are my new best friend. In the close to 9 years I’ve been on here rating beer, I’ve had an OCD about giving a perfect score in any category. My perfect score was a 4.5 by giving just under the highest score in each category. At last I must break that tradition. This beer may be the best beer I’ve ever had. Aroma was strongly vinous and vinegary with a light raspberry background. Pour was a beautiful murky dark brown in the middle with dark red around the edges. Taste was mind blowing AND I MEAN MINDBLOWINGly sour. The sourness literally made me pucker my lips for a second. Strong raspberry, vinegar and just a hint of sour grape skins. Nice carbonation for the style. I could write another paragraph but I gotta finish this gem.

thebitterendaz (35) - Alabama, USA - JUL 12, 2013
Reddish pour out of Bottle as a gift for the wife from fellow Rateberr-er Daknole.. Aroma of berries, tart grapes, red wine vinegar, lactic sourness. Fruity and sour flavors. Pleasantly tart and acidic with a nice raspberry flavor. Avery really knocked this out the park, one of my favorite sours.

nbondi (250) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 5, 2013
Burnt amber, nose of oak, raspberry, rubber, medium body, good carbonation. Raspberry, red wine, oak, dusty cellar. Raspberry shines through beautifully. Fantastic.