overall

RATINGS: 1817   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6/5   IBU: 69   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Avery IPA demands to be poured into your favorite glass to truly appreciate the citrusy, floral bouquet and the rich, malty finish. Brewed by hopheads for hopheads!

rlgk (18843) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 3, 2004
Hoppy bitter aroma that also brings some fruit. Flavor starts fruity and hoppy, but then the hops is growing stronger. Bitter finish.

00cobraR (1103) - Greensboro, North Carolina, USA - OCT 2, 2004
Well I really do not like IPAs, and it holds true for this one. It pours an amber, with a strong hoppy bitterness. The bitterness is far too much for me.

qdog (201) - Cleveland, Mississippi, USA - SEP 29, 2004
thick white head, lucent amber color, moderate hops, can also taste the citrus, pretty decent IPA, not my favorite but i’d drink it again.

11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - SEP 28, 2004
Bottle. Light amber color. Moderate white head. Big citric hop nose. Body is medium. Malts are overpowered by hops. Finish is lingering hops.

Loddeer (171) - USA - SEP 25, 2004
I want to start by saying, I never had an IPA that I did not like ... until now. This is by far, the worst IPA I have ever had. The apperance is fine, but the taste is just awful. The accentuation of the hops is terrible, and it leaves a rubbery after-taste in my mouth. When it hits your tongue, it has promise of a decent IPA, but when swallowed, all is lost. My primary gripe is the after-taste ... it’s just disgusting to my palate. In fact, I will go as far to say, it has the worst after-taste I have ever experienced. Even worse then Milwaukee’s Best (my least favorite beer). I’m actually quite surprised everyone seems to enjoy this one ... for once I am severely deviating from popular opinion.

ante (3373) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - SEP 25, 2004
Copper orange, slightly hazy, small white head. Sweet, bold flowery hop aroma with notes of leaves and earth. Dry leafy and floral hop flavour with notes of lemon. Dry lingering hop bitter finish.

Shag (3060) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - SEP 20, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 11, 2006 This beer poured an orange color with a moderate head. The flavor is orange peels, lemon, and sweetarts. This one lacks in the malt dept and leaves a lingering bitterness on your tounge. Not balanced but some great stuff heya!

aracauna (3709) - Georgia, USA - SEP 19, 2004
This is an excellent IPA. Pale copper/amber cross, clear with a nice soupy white head with a touch of yellow in the foam. The aroma is a very complex hop profile. You’ve got pepper, citrus and pine all meshed together in a sinus-tingling mix. The flavor is fairly dry but manages to barely keep away from the all hop, no malt unbalancing of some IPAs. There’s still enough malt flavor in here to support the hops and bitterness despite it being very highly attenuated. Excellent IPA that excites the nose and tongue.

biz82 (1327) - austin, Texas, USA - SEP 16, 2004
Bottle.Spicy, fruity, sweet, yeasty aroma. Clear golden color with a respectable white head. Powerfully pungent flavor with a moderate malt base that barely supports it. Semi-dry, bitter finish. A bracing IPA that features a spicy hop profile more than the typical resinous one. I suspect this a from Styrian Goldings hops. Very good and distinct IPA.

alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 15, 2004
I really like this IPA. It’s very strong in the hops, but maintains a crisp drinkability. It doesn’t linger like a double ipa would (not that there’s anything wrong with that). If you want a delicious hoppy beer to drink with a meal and not interfere (too much), drink this beer. I’d drink this beer any day of the year. I love it.