overall
RATINGS: 1260   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
Our winter ale has a gorgeous mahogany hue, a hint of hazelnuts, and a finish reminiscent of mocha and toffee. No spices, just a perfect blend of five specialty malts. Cellarable for 3+ years.

swanny22 (12) - Colorado, USA - DEC 13, 2008
A fantastic beer. A creamy taste with a spicy feel in your throat. This is the beer that will leave you wanting more. It has definitely jumped into my top 10.

njmoons (59) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 29, 2009
Let me start by saying I am a big fan of Winter and Old Ales, and Old Jubilation may be my favorite. The beer pours a reddish brown with a relatively good head of foam that hold up well. The aroma is tart cherry, currents, malt, and a wisp of alcohol. A great smelling beer. The Cherry and Currents in the aroma take of the beginning of the taste, and remain for quite a while, then you pick up a good dose of malt, and the taste ends with a mild burn (as would be expected in a Winter Warmer), and a good dose of bittering hops. Wow Mouthfeel and Drinkability are what you would expect from a quality brewed strong Ale. Over all outstanding!

jebert (500) - Watertown, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 10, 2011
Beautiful dark red mahogany color with a thick crown of tan foam. Nose is caramel and malt. Very creamy mouthfeel. Flavor profile is a rich nectar of carmelized malts, molasses, toffee and just a hint of hops at the finish to prevent cloying. An excellent ale - one worth a lot of jubilation. Can be enjoyed alone or with roasted nuts. Nice job, Avery!

mensch (289) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - DEC 8, 2011
"It’s the most wonderful... kind of a beer." I think this is last year’s vintage, no date on the bottle. Full and enticing aromas of prunes, burnt toffee, sherry, and wood smoke. On the tongue, it’s full and brown and prune and toffee. After a year(?) the hops are quite subdued but still noticable in a piney sorta way. One of my favorite examples of one of my favorite styles.

lereve (10) - Illinois, USA - DEC 5, 2013
This is a great tasting Christmas ale. Bottle days can cellar for three years, I would for at least one maybe two years.

rmbjspd (21) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 21, 2013
a great winter warmer from avery. Nice malt sweetness up front with a load of complexity on the back end. A great big beer from one of our best breweries.

WileCoyote (9) - Libertyville, Illinois, USA - DEC 9, 2004 does not count
Oh what a beautiful beer. Deep mahogany with a creamy tan head that laces down the side of my glass. The aroma is sweet and nutty with a touch of pine. The initial flavor is sweet, typical of a great Old Ale, but then finishes with a light hoppiness. I love the alcohol rush that accompanies this beer, much like a great, rich wine. It is a very relaxing beer and very drinkable. On my Twelve Beers of Christmas 2004 List! Bottle

SudsMcDuff (8552) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - DEC 24, 2006
..as i watch myself in the reflection of the tv...i drink this drink as it were my last....this beer has something to it, like when you get sand in your eye and you get the sand out of your eye and the relief sets in....pure goodness touches my lips as a bear would grapple with a strawberry in a basket of cloves...the aroma and smell that emanates from my mug makes me think, "what if pigs could fly?"...would they smell like this gem?...i’ll tell you this..i’ve never smelt a pig like this...the lamb is great....Jubilation makes me smile....it has flavours that make the mind race and the fingers walk, sweet embraces tangled up in a web of magical goodness...one day i will have the answer, but for now the overall has to be this...awaiting a brew that makes me write like a drunk poet on acid: means that the world is ready for a pint of jubilation...thanks mom!............."thank you jesus"-Hank Hill..

imjohnward (7) - , Colorado, USA - MAR 2, 2011 does not count
Best winter seasonal ale I’ve had in a very long time. The aroma and finish are are memorable and very pleasing

strap (981) - Sindelfingen, GERMANY - NOV 6, 2011
pours mahogany with a light head. rich smell of toffee and a bit of chocolate. excellent blend of roasted malts. a tad sweet with some alcohol warming. excellent winter beer. i need to stock up on this one.