overall

RATINGS: 561   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.11/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 507   ABV: 16.9%
Jacob Spears, our 6th Great Grand Uncle, is credited as the first distiller to label his whiskey "Bourbon." He built his distillery in Bourbon County, Kentucky in 1790 - 203 years before began brewing. While obviously a bit too late to produce Uncle Jacob’s wash, we’ve instead created something far more complex. In his honor, we present this robust, silky smooth, full-bodied and altogether extremely American rendition of an Imperial Stout aged for 6 months in the very finest bourbon barrels. This explains a lot about our penchant for big brews! It’s in our blood!
Brewed with Rocky Mountain Water, Malter Barley, Flaked Oats, Hops and Yeast.

zebra (2384) - Illinois, USA - JUN 21, 2012
couldn’t walk by publican without going in, and couldn’t see this on the menu without trying it. glad i did. brown, pale, roasty, clove, light, thick, rocky, creamy, leaves, hazy, ginger

SPDickerman (1315) - Texas, USA - AUG 8, 2012
Pours pitch black with a dark brown head. Smells nutty, chocolate, coffee, and of big bourbon flavors. Taste is bold, roasted, bourbon sweetness, chocolate, coffee, and mild molasses. Full-bodied with a smooth texture and super soft mouth-carbonation, Avery Uncle Jacob’s Stout finishes with a bold roasted and bourbon notes.

sjohnny (686) - - OCT 27, 2012
Bottle shared with Labfrogg. Plum, raisin, coffee, a lot like Port aroma. Pours dark black with quickly dissipating tan head that almost boils away. Cascade of flavors. Coffee, bourbon, molasses, dried fruit. Simply amazing. The best beer I have had to date. Thanks, bro.

blm225 (8) - Texas, USA - JAN 11, 2013 does not count
The best I’ve ever tasted, period. I encountered this fine rarity last June. I bought one and drank it that night. The next day I went back to the store and bought out the entire shelf. The following day I did the same. I guess I purchased 36 bottles of this and I have shared plenty with friends. They seem to have the same opinion I have. The ale improves with age after 6 months.

MHOSKINS (389) - Cleveland, Tennessee, USA - MAR 23, 2014
Scary good. Beware! Huge ABV that is well disguised in this balanced beast of a stout. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

RRG991981 (13) - Menominee, Michigan, USA - SEP 28, 2016
The bourbon barrel stout I judge all others by, malty, smooth and silky, vanilla, caramel, and a slight smokiness. This beer has no equal. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone