overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1465   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26/5   IBU: 10   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
A truly authentic Belgian style wheat or "white" ale, this Rascal is unfiltered and cleverly spiced with coriander and Curacao orange peel producing a refreshingly classic ale.

Kscott (3) - Woburn, - AUG 6, 2015 does not count
I don’t trust restaurants who can’t wait to tell me what beer I should have instead of Blue Moon or Sam Summer, Oberon and Stella are not the same. Having said that, the Ravenous Pig in Orlando has a great bar staff and they pick beers no one is thinking of. Their beer guy introduced me to Algash and Avery White Rascal. White Rascal is the second best wheat beer ever. Great in a can, better in a bottle, incredible in a keg. The beer tastes like wheat and pepper. That is it, like steak frites or bacon and eggs. The best things in life can be defined by its simplicity.

exhilti (1) - - JUL 2, 2017 does not count
Great beer with a light taste of spice. Nice and easy on pallete......................... ---Rat via Beer Buddy for iPhone

Cobra (1100) - - SEP 23, 2004
12 oz. brown, longneck bottle. No freshness date seen anywhere. Poured out a beautiful pale white / yellowish color, with a huge frothy, white, meringue-like head. It slowly slid back to a generous matting of lace on top of the beer, and all down the sides. Aromas are of fresh malts, slight lemon, cloves, bananas, yeasty bread, spicy coriander, and orange peels. Tastes are great, with a very balanced flavor profile. Nothing stands out above anything else. Exceptional flavors leave you wanting more. Mouthfeel is thick and creamy. An extremely well made wheat beer.

muncher (1) - broken arrow, Oklahoma, USA - SEP 25, 2006 does not count
i am a wheat beer enjoyer this is simply the most enjoyable of them all i use to swear by boukevard wheat this is simply better

angie497 (1) - Olathe, Kansas, USA - FEB 19, 2007 does not count
It poured a hazy lemon yellow with a small head that diminished quickly but left nice lacing. The aroma is light and spicy, with the coriander very apparent. I thought the odor was more lemony than orange. The orange was more obvious in the flavor than I expected from the aroma, with the coriander still very noticeable, along with a hint of pepper and clove. It’s a little hoppier than many witbiers, but since I like a hoppy beer, this suited me just fine! White Rascal is definitely a very drinkable beer, and one that I’ll be putting in my "beer rotation."

Smurf2055 (1400) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 28, 2011
From a can (I know, heresy) obtained from a 6 pack at QFC in University Village near UW campus. Aroma is very sweet. Banana, citrus, gum, and very delicate. Very inviting a pleasant. Appears bright, but translucent. If you mixed orange juice with pineapple juice, I feel like that’s what this looks like. One to two fingers of white head. Tastes like sweet, fruity citrus. Pineapple, banana, coconut, plenty of other tropical fruits. It’s not overly citrusy or carbonated, it really has an incredible balance. It might be too sweet for the average beer drinker, but it’s just right for me. Palate has a perfect balance as well. Good carbonation, no bad residual flavors, goes down smooth. I can’t think of anything else I would ask for. Overall, this is one of the few beers that I feel comfortable buying a sixer of. It seems like no matter what mood I am in, I could be in the mood for this. This beer is what turned me on to Avery, and now I know I won’t go wrong with picking up any of their high brow stuff.

Meaganleo (2) - Wooster, Ohio, USA - JUN 8, 2013 does not count
Beer is delicious. Its perfect flavor and aroma. The color is nice and cloudy. I could drink it everyday!

dinopuncher (5) - longmont, Colorado, USA - AUG 7, 2013 does not count
Aroma: Floral and Citrus notes are immediately apparent. Appearance, The beer is pale and cloudy. Very thin head that’s mostly white. Taste: medium bitterness but otherwise very crisp Palate: light and easy to drink. perfect for a summer day. Overall: One of my favorite beers for the summer and one I can regularly find on tap due to my proximity to the brewery.

EtTuCthulhu (1391) - Columbia, Missouri, USA - AUG 14, 2013
The color of this beer is a cloudy straw color with a large, fluffy white head, and the aroma is a pure olfactory effervescent experience: the sour fruit, dough yeast, and wheat mixture fills your nose pleasantly. The taste is mildly sweet and slightly sour, and that combination is very, very nice. The palate fuses a lively carbonation, medium body, slick texture, and a medium-length finish.

mikedR (1561) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - AUG 3, 2013
Really impressed with this one. Very low ABV of 5.6%, but amazingly full bodied in taste. A surprisingly flavorful malt base, but the story here is spice. A bit of Belgian yeast going on, but primarily orange and coriander, which dominate the flavor profile in a refreshing way. Not a light white beer by any means. Recommended! A- ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone