overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3692   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a years aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
BennyTicklez (621) - USA - JUL 26, 2005
Pours deep brown with a small off white head. Malty nutty aroma. Very full nutty, malty taste as well. Dark fruit taste as well. Lingering aftertaste. Well made.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
roder60 (1289) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 23, 2005
Pours a deep burgandy color with a nice amount of foamy offwhite head. Aroma is sweet, fruity, and almost molasesy. Flavor is of dark cherries, raspberry chocolate mouse, and chai tea. Overall, I found very enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Firemoose15 (567) - Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 21, 2005
Its good to be a Celebrator, # 100 for me. Thanks to all RBers who helped me choose. Aroma of nice roasted malts, raisin and for some reason I keep thinking Lays potato chips. Pours a nice deep dark mass producing a chocolatey head. Taste was delightful, chocolate,toffee,raisin. Just enough hop to even it out. Palate was rich and full. I believe Ill be having this again as this is just damn good!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
porterdude (170) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 20, 2005
A rich deep chocolaty brown pour. Wonderful smells of strong sugary malts and peppery spices. An amazing carmalized sugar taste, with hints of tobacco and very light hints of hop. A very great example and on eof my favorite beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Heatwaves (54) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 18, 2005
This rich beer has chocolate, caramel and coffee overtones. Unbelievably dark -- If you hold the glass up to a light, youll be pressed to see it shine through. Not quite as thick or creamy (or as good) as Samuel Smiths Oatmeal Stout, but it is still a very good beer for someone who wants something a bit heavier with more body.

3daddict (139) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 17, 2005
Dark brown pour with a smallish tan head. Caramel malt aroma. Exceedingly smooth malted flavor with lingering toffee malt aftertaste. Creamy yeast texture on palate. No hint of the 6.7abv. Simply excellent brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
pinkzambia (1929) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 14, 2005
11.2 oz Bottle: I poured it too aggressively and it produced a gigantic, light-brown, frothy head that ran down the side of my stein! Eventually, most of it disappeared with a tiny one remaining to the end. It has rich malty aromas with flavors of creamy coffee and pitted fruit such as prunes and raisins. It is dark brown in color and has a smooth and thick body. A sticky lacing was observed. I also detected a slight metallic aftertaste as well (at first annoying, but later not noticed as much). I thought it would be appropriate in trying my first doppelbock to whip out my Bavarian stein that I have had for about 5 years (souvenir gift from mom in law), but never used. I washed the dust off, cooled it off for a few minutes in the freezer and poured the brew. As I drank this smashingly labyrinthine beer, I felt like dancing with the people on the stein! Vielen vielen Dank!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
trokini (1025) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 11, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 12, 2007 Good-looking, good-smelling, good-tasting beer. Malty smooth, more body than you would expect from the pour. Creamy taste and feel, then its gone. Very good beer. Bottle comes with a little horsey toy. Wish it came with an extra ounce instead.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DerWeg (1616) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 9, 2005
330cl. I like the big malty (barnyardy?) wallop of this hitting the palate, this is fairly sweet but pretty complex and interesting in all the roast malt flavors. Dark and tropical fruits, caramelized brown sugar, fleeting touches of coffee bitterness. I do feel Celebrator while good is slightly expensive and I tend to favor the larger-portioned Weltenburger Asam-Bock (for me just as good and perhaps slighly more balanced for my liking.) Worth experiencing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jcwattsrugger (12335) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUL 8, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2005 11 oz bottle-pours a tan, creamy textured head that held a steady 1 finger high, until I started drinking. Color is a clear dark brown, deep amber. Aroma is malty and____? Taste is a deep malty, nice. Slight aftertaste, but no bite. Not the style of beer that Id say was a type I expected to care for, but it is quite enjoyable, I am sure I will get this again.