overall
Brewed by Brauerei Aying
Style: Doppelbock
Aying, Germany

RATINGS: 3608   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.03/5   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
Celebrator has a creamy head of tight bubbles contrasting beautifully with its profound dark robe. It is full-bodied and velvety from half a year’s aging. Although it is strong, it is not overpowering. There is a wonderful and complex balance between the various malts, the alcohol and the subtle hops. A complex fruitiness of roasted malt and whole hop flowers make Celebrator great as a party drink with friends and family at celebrations. Despite its richness, it has a faintly smoky dryness in the finish.

DerWeg (1704) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 9, 2005
330cl. I like the big malty (barnyardy?) wallop of this hitting the palate, this is fairly sweet but pretty complex and interesting in all the roast malt flavors. Dark and tropical fruits, caramelized brown sugar, fleeting touches of coffee bitterness. I do feel Celebrator while good is slightly expensive and I tend to favor the larger-portioned Weltenburger Asam-Bock (for me just as good and perhaps slighly more balanced for my liking.) Worth experiencing.

jcwattsrugger (12524) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - JUL 8, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2005 11 oz bottle-pours a tan, creamy textured head that held a steady 1 finger high, until I started drinking. Color is a clear dark brown, deep amber. Aroma is malty and____? Taste is a deep malty, nice. Slight aftertaste, but no bite. Not the style of beer that I’d say was a type I expected to care for, but it is quite enjoyable, I am sure I will get this again.

Hairofthedog (419) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 7, 2005
The aroma had dark fruit, plums, raisins, and malty sweetness. The flavor was sweet w/ dark fruit, malts and plums/raisin note. The mouthfeel was full bodied and creamy. The beer poured a deep rich brown color w/ red highlights; no head and lacing.

TURDFERGUSON (4068) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUL 5, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 3, 2006 i havent even lifted this beer up to my nose and i can already sense the complex aroma of this great brew. very dark in color. smells bananas, cherries, and lots and lots of malt. Amazing taste, very drinkable. Word up, Goat.

ChazyRPh (583) - Chazy, New York, USA - JUL 5, 2005
on tap at Geoffrey’s Pub, nice pour in proper glassware. Dark reddish/brown pour with a nice creamy off white head. Roasty malt aroma is all I could pick up over the food the people next to me were eating. Slightly fruity start, maybe some raisin or plum. Nice roasted malt presence in the middle-end. Good complexity, good mouthfeel, excellent beer.

puzzl (3264) - New York, New York, USA - JUL 5, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 18, 2007 Well, not the most complex beer in the world, but I’ll be damned if it ain’t damn delicious. Deep black with a nice foam head rising nearly an inch above my glass (hell yeah!). Aroma of sweet malt, melon, cherries, honey, maybe even some soft cheese. Drinking this beer is like drinking a chocolate malt milkshake. Palate is perfect, never once seeming too thin or too thick. Leaves no nasty aftertaste, no offensive tastes whatsoever (as I’ve found almost every single beer does to some degree). Flavor is robustly malty though never overbearing, and hops are perfectly balanced without even leaving a pinch of bitterness. A+

mustangjoe (183) - redondo beach, California, USA - JUL 4, 2005
Poured a dark brown with reddish hues. Beautiful tan head. Amazing aroma and a rich and bold flavor. I must admit I’m new to Doppelbocks, but this one will certainly have me trying many more. Nice.

MattShizzle (618) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 3, 2005
Excellent representation of a Doppelbock. Not super sweet like some versions. Though it is obviously strong immediately upon tasting!

Likerighteous (120) - Pflugerville, Texas, USA - JUL 3, 2005
Funny, the picture of it here was nothing lke the beer I poured from a Grapevine Market 4-pack. Mine was black. Held up to a 100w bulb it was Bing cherry ruby red. Black. The head was tan, thin, and disappeared quickly. Not flat, but not too exciting either. All the great flavors and balance were commendable, but I can’t give it the same high marks. Even with the free goat trinket, it’s just another stout. Guys, the Emperor is naked.

UnsofistaCat (241) - Garden City, Michigan, USA - JUL 1, 2005
Dark brown, with just a tad of a tanner brown light showing. Very nice sniff of sweet malt, vanilla and tobacco. Malty and smoke like taste. I wasn’t able to taste the fruity notes. Maybe it was because I decided to poison myself with a cigarette while drinking this brew. Great beer, maybe slightly overrated.