overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Launched by Kid Rock.
Originally brewed at Michigan Brewing Company and since 2012 in Brew Detroit.
It’s born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. It’s crafted with care in place where Detroit’s factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beer’s built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and you’ll know: there’s trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

BeerMaster32 (1) - Norton Shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 6, 2017 does not count
This is brewed right here in Michigan and tastes exactly how many lagers from Germany tasted to me. I like a mans beer with out all the sweet stuff. This beer Rocks..

Msdrbeat (780) - East Lansing, USA - FEB 2, 2017
Bottled. Mostly wanted the bottlecap for my beer cap map. Looks, tastes, smells, and feels like a macro lager.

ClintMaverick (1) - Michigan, USA - SEP 12, 2015 does not count
The first time I bought this beer was because the label caught my eye. Good packaging is a good sell by any standards. Well, needless to say we bought a 6 pack and went home. After finishing the 6 pack we proceeded to go back to the liquor store and bought three more. I’m not the biggest fan of Lagers but this one was great. Not to mention it’s brewed in Michigan so that’s a plus too.

crossovert (13080) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 31, 2015
355ml bottle. as "Badass American Lager". Aroma is a bit sulphury, light fruits, grain. Flavor is grainy, slight metallic, along the lines of an adjunct lager, maybe a bit sweeter, a small brewery has done well to make a decent pale lager this is far more easy to palate than PBR.

Dogbrick (13145) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 12, 2015
Bottled "Kid Rock" version. Pale yellow color with a thin white head that evaporates quickly. Spotty lacing on the glass. Adjuncts and malt in the nose. Light-bodied with flavors of corn, grainy malt and slight hops. The finish is mildly hoppy up front with a stale malty aftertaste. Nothing shocking here considering I bought it as a good, still substantially below average.

Frank (4208) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 17, 2015
This is Kid Rock branded cheap beer and it tastes about as good as you would expect, unless you’d expect such a thing to be good. It doesn’t smell terrible, a little corny, but it’s sweet and oxidized tasting and sluggish and thick on the palate. I guess due to the sweetness and a weird butterscotch thing it’s got going on you could say this has a little more flavor than most cheap beer but when the flavor is bad, that doesn’t really help things.

0.8
rjb847 (4) - - APR 8, 2015 does not count
Aroma smelled like ass. Looked like beer. I did knocked down a half a glass. Great label and name. Beer was Bad and I was an Ass for buying it.

gratgrat (1) - Portage, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2015 does not count
I don’t like most beers but I love this! It tastes good kinda light like bud light but bitterness like a dark beer! It has nice color and aroma!

lukedarock (246) - Howell, Michigan, USA - MAR 6, 2015
Smells of grass or hay, taste is surprisingly good for what we are talkin about here, light corn and sugar flavor very drinkable

1.2
malkyore (377) - - DEC 14, 2014
I had one of these out of my friends dad’s garage when I was 19. I totally felt badass. I saw this beer on diners drive ins and dives. Guy Fieris death spikes hair do was pretty badass... This is a beer made in Michigan and endorsed by a rock star, that’s pretty badass. This beer is badass in spirit in a way rarely seen in the craft beer world. That being said it is not good... It is bad. Buy it to feel badass... Not actually be badass...