overall

RATINGS: 57   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Launched by Kid Rock.
Originally brewed at Michigan Brewing Company and since 2012 in Brew Detroit.
It’s born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. It’s crafted with care in place where Detroit’s factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beer’s built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and you’ll know: there’s trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

blackflag321 (689) - Lansing, Michigan, USA - MAY 8, 2012
I have passed on this numerous times because I didn’t expect it to be good and I don’t buy beer just to tick it. Okay, I admit I bought this just to tick it because the brewery is not producing and I got a bottle for $1.49. No reviewer is going to tout the aroma or the palate. This is basic American standard beer, big on the corn. Its not as bad as I thought it would be. . . it is an alternative to BMC, but I won’t choose it over any half-decent craft brew.

rumproasts (5359) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAY 2, 2012
i bought this since it is soon to be a semi-rarity, now that the brewery has been foreclosed upon. just as expected, it’s not very good, but i have had worse. straw colored, with minimal head. corn and water seem to be the main components.

KickInChalice (860) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 1, 2012
From notes. First reviewed 2/22/2011. I’ll be honest here. I bought this for the label and bottlecap. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pint glass. This is one of the lightest beers I have seen. Nearly completely clear and transparent, there is a little straw yellow color to convince me this is not Sprite. A fluffy white head puffs up with the pour, fades to a film and leaves some spotty lace on the glass. Biscuity malt with a hint of honey-like sweetness. Other faint grains make an appearance in the nose. I get a light buttered popcorn aroma as well. The taste is light biscuity malt at first, followed by a fairly malt sweetness. A light toasted grain flavor joins, leading to some light noble hops. The finish is grainy and sweet. The mouthfeel is slightly grainy, not quite crisp enough. The carbonation looked like it was there after pouring, only to hide a little bit during each sip. Mostly clean, with a light to medium body. Well, the low ABV and moderately sweet nature of this beer guarantees that it would disappear by the glass were I at some summer event.

313hooligan (11) - - JAN 24, 2012
Really bad, drank it out of the bottle the way it was intended. I know a lot of micro breweries have trouble making crisp lager beer. I read in the reveiws that "Buffet’s beer is worse" I disagree. Both are plain, but this is plain undrinkable.

paintedmaple (671) - People’s Republic of Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JAN 21, 2012
Grandma, although meaning well, bought a six pack of this for Xmas. I knew it would be bad, but good lord this stuff is nasty. Mr. ex-Pam Anderson must have ate a bushel of sweet corn and Michigan Brewing Co. collected his next piss and bottled it. Shame...shame...shame.

chibuck (3513) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2011
bottle... clear thin straw, ugly, but a nice retentive head... the aroma is terrible, literally smells like ass, corn... taste is even worse, corn watery, a bad malt liquor... pass

DWestrick (758) - Ft Wayne, Indiana, USA - SEP 26, 2011
bottle. Obviously didn’t set any expectations on this beer and it was exactly what I expected. But hats off and good luck to Kid Rock - I know many people who will by this based on the name alone.

DasBierChef (1083) - Hudson, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 16, 2011
Looks like really clear green piss. Smells worse. Tastes ok for a few seconds until the after taste kicks in. Absolute garbage.

1.3
hopdog (12510) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 29, 2011
Poured a clear yellow (barely any color) with a large sized white head. Aromas of stale grains and corn. Tastes of the same...more corn than grains. Only thing Badass about this beer is the name.

vomit (260) - Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2011
I generally laugh at products that purport to be "hardcore", or "badass", feeling the overly conspicuous machismo, is hiding some serious latent homosexual tendencies. But I threw caution to the wind, and cast my better judgement aside, and tried a 6 pack of this junk last weekend. I have drank worse (one time in grade school, I swallowed some anti-freeze.....that was worse than this). It’s actually OK, but when you have the standard set so high for yourself (Blatz#1), everything else is a little baby girl in comparison. Bad Ass=Bad Ass in the morning, and potentially all day.....so if you want the ladies hovering about your grosse wurst, like a cloud of honeybees swarming the lilacs, stick with Blatz for those heady & sophisticated times. If you are feeling a lilttle "GAY" and don’t mind an after bender BAD ASS situation, by all means try some of this fruity little drink. Or not.