overall

RATINGS: 51   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.75/5   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Launched by Kid Rock.
Originally brewed at Michigan Brewing Company and since 2012 in Brew Detroit.
It’s born out of of bushels of American barley and hops harvested straight from the heartland. It’s crafted with care in place where Detroit’s factories mark one horizon and wild forests mark the next. This beer’s built with Michigan pride. Pry one open and you’ll know: there’s trouble brewing. This is pure American Badass. americanbadassbeer.com

BeerMaster32 (1) - Norton Shores, Michigan, USA - AUG 6, 2017 does not count
This is brewed right here in Michigan and tastes exactly how many lagers from Germany tasted to me. I like a mans beer with out all the sweet stuff. This beer Rocks..

gratgrat (1) - Portage, Michigan, USA - MAR 19, 2015 does not count
I don’t like most beers but I love this! It tastes good kinda light like bud light but bitterness like a dark beer! It has nice color and aroma!

ClintMaverick (1) - Michigan, USA - SEP 12, 2015 does not count
The first time I bought this beer was because the label caught my eye. Good packaging is a good sell by any standards. Well, needless to say we bought a 6 pack and went home. After finishing the 6 pack we proceeded to go back to the liquor store and bought three more. I’m not the biggest fan of Lagers but this one was great. Not to mention it’s brewed in Michigan so that’s a plus too.

nraymond88 (4) - Michigan, USA - JUN 7, 2011 does not count
pale, clear, minimal head, medium sweetness, lightly bitter, lightly sour, medium body, thin feel, average carbonation,

crossovert (13457) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 31, 2015
355ml bottle. as "Badass American Lager". Aroma is a bit sulphury, light fruits, grain. Flavor is grainy, slight metallic, along the lines of an adjunct lager, maybe a bit sweeter, a small brewery has done well to make a decent pale lager this is far more easy to palate than PBR.

mstockton (225) - Frankfurt, GERMANY - AUG 23, 2009
I’ve had this a few times only on draft at Comerica during the Kid Rock show, at Cheli’s, the Clarkston Union and the Machine Shop in Flint. Everything but the Machine Shop has been consistent (I think it was the wrong keg at the Machine Shop, but it could’ve been an early test batch). The beer...typical lager color (no head) and tastes light with a little bit of a hop flavor that gives it more taste than the typical domestic lager. There is no aftertaste so it succeeds as a good refreshing tailgating beer that’s an easy drinker. I’d definitely buy it as a daily drinker. I think the Kid has achieved what he set out to accomplish.

vomit (262) - Michigan, USA - AUG 28, 2011
I generally laugh at products that purport to be "hardcore", or "badass", feeling the overly conspicuous machismo, is hiding some serious latent homosexual tendencies. But I threw caution to the wind, and cast my better judgement aside, and tried a 6 pack of this junk last weekend. I have drank worse (one time in grade school, I swallowed some anti-freeze.....that was worse than this). It’s actually OK, but when you have the standard set so high for yourself (Blatz#1), everything else is a little baby girl in comparison. Bad Ass=Bad Ass in the morning, and potentially all day.....so if you want the ladies hovering about your grosse wurst, like a cloud of honeybees swarming the lilacs, stick with Blatz for those heady & sophisticated times. If you are feeling a lilttle "GAY" and don’t mind an after bender BAD ASS situation, by all means try some of this fruity little drink. Or not.

JAF737300 (1291) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 22, 2012
Pours straw with malt notes. Typical American brew that has more malt than the big massed produced lagers. I thought it was good for what it is. Keep an open mind.

Vir4030 (603) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 28, 2010
Pours up very light white on tap at the brewery. No head. Aroma of light alcohol. Not really much flavor, either. There’s nothing offensive about it.

drdisque (870) - Illinois, USA - DEC 23, 2010
No aroma. Taste is well balanced and fairly robust for a pale lager. Somewhat sweet with hints of roasted malt. I think it’s actually quite good for this style and don’t understand all the hate being spewed forth towards this beer.