overall
Brewed by Badger (Hall & Woodhouse)
Style: Golden Ale/Blond Ale
Blandford Forum, England

RATINGS: 402   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Bottle: Filtered.
Previously called Golden Champion Ale
The light, refreshing character of our award-winning golden ale is distinguished by its subtle elderflower aroma, reminiscent of a summer’s evening. Champion is particularly rewarding when served chilled. On a balmy evening in Stanpit Marsh, a cool breeze blows and a calm encompasses the vast reserve. Amongst the wild horses, you may see Golden Champion, a headstrong but loyal stallion who enjoys the warm days grazing in th fields. The subtle elderflower aromas of this delicately floral brew are reminiscent of a summer’s evening. This divine all-rounder is a great companion for smoky, chargrilled chicken and peppery rocket salad.

urbanviking (26) - Devon, ENGLAND - JUN 9, 2011
Gorgeous stuff. This is what English summers were made for. Very citrus like smell with the elderflowers. Serve chilled and it’s like a very posh shandy with a kick. Fruity aftertaste with subtle hops. Love it.

ComradeK (1259) - Sydney, AUSTRALIA - JUL 18, 2010
500ml bottle. Pours a slightly hazy dark gold, with very little head, but fairly good lacing for what it does have. The aroma is delightfully floral - I can only assume that to be the influence of the elderflower. Perhaps there is a hint of caramel lurking behind it, but it is only very slight. Floral and herbal hops dominate the initial flavour, with hints of the same floral taste as dominated on the nose. The finish is fantastically smooth, dominated by the elderflower again, and lingers wonderfully as an aftertaste. I must admit, I am very, very impressed by this beer. I was not expecting too much from it when I bought it, although I am quite a fan of Badger beer. To me, golden ale is a stock ale - nothing too exciting, and a reasonable session drinker. This, however, is truly wonderful. An excellent beer, I cannot praise this highly enough.

burman (1) - - FEB 26, 2012 does not count
Just how I like my beer. Taste, appearance and aroma excellent. Lovelly on the palate too. It’s just lacking that little something though. Look forward to tasting more from Badger I will.

AtronSeige (1709) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - MAY 22, 2013
Aroma: toffee, caramel, light hops, (white) chocolate, orange Appearance: Dark golden/copper. Clear. Off-white.Fizzy. full fine but frothy head. long retention. Lacing. Taste: Medium light bitterness. Medium-high sweetness. Light hops flavors. Biscuit. Palate: Medium body. light carbonation. Overall: A very enjoyable beer! I would consume this in large amounts! Highly recommended. 500ml Bottle Poured.

Nisse666 (7978) - Göteborg, SWEDEN - OCT 3, 2009
Bottle 10 C lovely peach, apricote, citrus and elderflower flavors, really refreshing. I ’ve had 10 bottles or more of this one.

JamesH81 (8) - Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, ENGLAND - DEC 4, 2014 does not count
One you don’t forget ! :-) ! .... ! :-) :-) :-) !

Skinnyviking (9720) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - FEB 20, 2006
Bottle. Small white and quickly disappearing head. Beautiful clear amber body, apparently with a good deal of carbon dioxide. Fruity malt flavor. Abricot flavor with a nice bitter aftertaste.

Fairground (29) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - FEB 22, 2013
Ohh ...first sip and I love it. Aroma is caramel, vanilla, grass, floral.. Appearance is a nice medium gold, with a white foam.light sweetness, lovely woody undertones and burnt flavourings. A very nice one!

Spiesy (2337) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - APR 5, 2003
Golden colour with bubbles that sparkle from top to bottom. Strong hoppy aroma, elderflower & musk overtones. This has long palate, that just keeps giving & giving. One of my favourites, drinks better from he bottle then the pump.