RATINGS: 1755   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75/5   IBU: 84   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Big Eye IPA is a big hoppy brew, thanks to the abundance of American Columbus and Centennial varieties we use to flavor and dry hop. While the English originally added extra hops to preserve their beers for sea travel, we do it for the love of all that bold, intense flavor that makes India Pale Ale one of our favorite styles.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
alobar (3730) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 16, 2009
Clear orange amber color with a tall white head. Aroma of citrus, hops, and some pine. Flavor is mild-well-balanced with grapefruit, hops, and some caramel. Well done.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dollarbill (13) - , California, USA - OCT 10, 2009
Ive had many bottles of this-- 12 oz and 22 oz, and I just had a 22 oz with lunch today-- and I like this IPA. Considering that I can get it many places (I live in Southern CA), and that a 22 oz bottle is just $3.99 at the place where I usually go, and its usually in-stock (as opposed to Pliny, which is not easy to get whenever you want it), there is a lot to like about this IPA. The finish, which strikes me as a little bitter, lingers longer than I would prefer, but otherwise this is a very fine example of a well-done west coast IPA. I have to wonder if they could improve the beer by incorporating something other than Centennial hops, but this is one of my go-to IPAs.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
PorterPounder (7822) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - OCT 9, 2009
North Shore - Oahu, Hi - Turtle Point Resort - Ola Bar and Grill - 12 oz bottle. Dark orange pour, frothy white head - good lacing. Pleasant spruce aroma. flavor has a solid grapefruit bitterness that hits the spot after a hot day on the beach. Some trailing nuttiness provides good balance. Crisp, clean mouthfeel. Overall solid.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
GT (9982) - Oceanside, California, USA - OCT 4, 2009
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2009 650 mL from Southbay. Pours a clear, full amber with a three-finger, white, fluffy head that has okay retention and big sheety lacing. Maybe Im inspired by the oceanic label, but I swear the aroma has a bit of ocean salt spray, some light seaweed, along with lots of herbal hops, potpourri, strawberry cheesecake, overripe bananas, caramel. Taste is grapefruit rind, curacao, spicy, Brazil nut, bitter finish. Simple, clean, disappeared very fast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
brewski519 (644) - Morrisville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 1, 2009
12 oz bottle - every once in a while I come across a new IPA that reminds me why this is far and away my favorite style - no matter the season. This is one of thos beer. This masterpiece pours an amber/orange color with a thin beige head and has a very hoppy, piney, citrusy nose. The taste is pure hops, pine and grapefruit - and then more grapefruit - followed by the nice bitter finish you would expect from this outstanding IPA. Now youll have to excuse me while I go finish this IPA and enjoy another (or 3).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Enjoyit (3809) - Vadum, DENMARK - SEP 29, 2009
Clear amber of color with a beige head. An aroma of pine, hops and malt. A flavor of hops, malt and weak sweets.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mgermani (1002) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 29, 2009
Pours a brilliant orange with a thick, lasting cream-white head and just a little bit of lacing. Aroma is sweet like an early summers morning while camping - earthy, piney, gently herbal bitterness. Tastes great! Sweet caramel malt balanced by more piney hops, light grapefruit, incredible lingering hop finish. Body is lightly creamy with good carbonation. One of my favourite IPAs of all time - I hope this stays in-stock at my local store!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
CapFlu (5124) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 27, 2009
(Draft) Sampled at GCBF 2009 in Victoria on September 9, 2009. High PNW hops - very piney. Some astringent apricot background but overall good. 8/3/7/3/15

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sfhodense (4789) - Odense N, DENMARK - SEP 24, 2009
EBF08. Pours amber with a white head. Aroma is loads of american hops, citrus and grape. Flavour is light sweet malt, and lots of citrus and grape hops. Nice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
manuchampions (1244) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 19, 2009
12oz bottle. I have just gotten over a cold. Maybe that disqualifies my rating since I cant really smell properly and my tastebuds have to be whacked right? Still, what I can detect tells me this is a solid IPA with an ample hop finish. The nose is funky though...kind of wet hay like in the malt (?). The taste is very pleasing though. Good balance with a crisp, tangy hop flavor that lingers well. On further tasting I detected a biscuity malt right up front. I will re-rate this another time when my palette is less encumbered.