RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.67/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 177   ABV: 5.9%

Most RecentTicked By

JohnnyJ (5569) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 27, 2010
Cask. Rum soaked oak chips... "I’m rating it here because adding that as a new beer would be fucking gay." - dasilky. Haha. Dark brown pour, creamy tan head. Chocolate, roasted malt, creamy sweetness, and small amount of oak & sweet rum. Decent, but not great.

DaSilky1 (2608) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 11, 2010
My cask was the rum soaked three sheets oaked chipped black marlin, I’m rating it here because adding that as a new beer would be fucking gay. Pours as it should, dark but light suggestive and full but thin, somewhat lacy head. Nose was mostly just roasted malt...yeah, can’t add to that really. Flavors were again roasted malt...but maybe a smidgen of something distilled..I can’t really tell, not much influence from the oak, the rum, nor the three sheets. That being said, I’ve always held black marlin within my favorite porters, and even though cask ale can suck my ass, this is still enjoyable.

doubleo (1432) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 3, 2009
On-cask at Linda Vista yesterday. Pours reddish brown with a moderate sized tan head, specks of lace. Smells sweet and fruity malty. Tastes malty and slightly fruity. A bit sour from the oak. Ok, not too much wood flavor/character. Medium body, ok carbonation.

WeeHeavySD (3387) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 24, 2009
Cask at Homebrew Mart Location. Poured black with a nice tan head. Nose was faint but clearly malty. Taste is smooth rich and full of a big kick of flavor. Great extra smoothness on this one.