RATINGS: 489   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 51   EST. CALORIES: 114   ABV: 3.8%
Our Even Keel is a hoppy ale designed for smooth sailing. A full-flavored beer with a silky malt backbone and a bright hop profile of herbs and citrus, it packs all the taste of an IPA in a sessionable alcohol content. This ale is perfect for leisurely days on the water, when all you want are a few beers and a level ride.

JohnRMurdoch (4826) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - JUN 17, 2015
12oz can from Hippo Beers. Amber brown, big foamy head. Woody hop aroma. Boiled sweet citrus hop flavour. Bitter hoppy aftertaste. Really well balanced good example of this style.

madelfonatree (317) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 21, 2016
15285 can label enjoyed January 21, 2016 in a stemless wine glass. Look Dark orange almost copper. Finger of white medium bubbled head. Nice lacing. See through. 4.25 Smell Musty. Dank. Malt. Hop. 4.5 Taste Pine. Must. There is alcohol. Malt. 4.25 Feel Dry finish. Alcohol and hop burn. Creamy. 4 Overall This reminds me a lot of Alpha King. I like a musty IPA. 4.25

Andrew196 (1853) - Katy, Texas, USA - SEP 17, 2016
Easily the best session Ive had. Drought. Amber, decent head. Floral sweet on the nose, tropical fruit and hops throughout. I was amazed that they crammed so much into 3.8%... Nothing seemed subdued.

mkel07 (5833) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - NOV 3, 2016
Can from Dan Muphys 031116. Possibly the best mid-strength beer that I have ever had. It has all the colour, hoppiness and flavour of a big IPA without the alcohol. This will be my go to beer this summer for sure. Floral aroma with citrus and malt in the flavour that leads to a long lasting finish.

keepersj12 (3112) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - MAY 14, 2011
If I lived here, this would be my beer of choice. Very nice hop aroma with a bit of malt. Citrus and pine stand out. The flavor is very bitter with a big hop hit. The finish is very dry and refreshing. This is one you can have several of and still stand up. Excellent.

SSSteve (4006) - - NOV 15, 2014
can. lightly hazy with a dusting of sediment under medium sized, creamy, white head. citrus peel, lime, white grapefruit aroma. nice limey bitterness with hints of bitter pith. medium bodied that has a bigger palate than you would expect for low abv.

Obfuscate (568) - Minneapolis, - DEC 14, 2014
Really packs in a good west coast hoppy pine and citrus aroma for only 3.8%. Im a sucker for session IPAs because they taste great and Ive learned over the years that many, if not most situations I dont want a 7-10% beer but I always want some flavor. I can definitely see me picking up some more next summer for going up north and hanging out on the boat during the day. Still not my favorite session IPA but very good.

OldMrCrow (2435) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 16, 2014
Can.

Oh man, this is pretty close to the perfect session IPA for me. Pours orange with a fluffy off-white head. Massive tangerine aroma with a bit of pineapple and something else tropical--lychee? A bit of crackery malt on the back. Good citrus hop flavors (I dont get any of the onion that Prufrock does, and usually Im super sensitive to onion/garlic). Super crushable. At 3.8 ABV, one can crush away. I love it. I hope I can find a regular source.

tl;dr summary: Perfect ISA.

tillmac62 (727) - Gaffney, South Carolina, USA - APR 15, 2015
BOD 042/15. Pours a clear amber with a hint of garnet. Outstanding head volume and retention, world class lacing. World class nose of blended hops. Citrus (grapefruit, lemon), tropical (mango, pineapple) and pine all make an appearance over a subtle biscuit. Light medium body that has a smooth texture and a bit of oiliness. Slightly above normal carbonation with a bit of effervescence in the middle and a nice burst in the finish. The outstanding flavor profile is intense and hop flavor forward, slightly complex and fairly balanced. It begins with hop flavors that never relinquish the forefront. The flavors follow the nose with a blended hop profile that begins with tropical, flows to citrus and shifts to grapefruit and pine in the middle. The middle is mildly bitter over a hint of biscuit. The finish is slightly dry and a rind bitterness lingers. A superb session beer and possibly the ultimate lawnmower beer.

Nie (113) - - MAY 18, 2015
Can poured to pint glass. Sweet and fragrant aroma. Juicy hops bite, citric sweetness. This does not taste like a session beer, its become my new favorite low abv beer.