RATINGS: 556   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Lager meets IPA in a winning combination.

Our Fathom India Pale Lager combines time-honored lagering techniques with the hop profiles of a West Coast IPA recipe. The cold-fermenting lager yeast provides a clean base that allows the citrus and pine aromas from the hops to really shine. The result is a gold medal beer with a refreshing, easy drinking character and just the right amount of depth.

Lickmygooch69 (11) - - JAN 1, 2014
After i drank this, i immediately jizzed into the empty glass. My mother in law judged me a bit but i don’t care. I love it.

gazagaz (8) - Wellington, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 7, 2014 does not count
Top marks for me exactly what a strong lager can taste like gobble gobble yum yum. Tasting notes ? Get me another fathom, barman

PGJinSD (1) - - MAY 10, 2016 does not count
This is my preferred go to if I can’t make up my mind or do not feel adventurous.

SSSteve (4006) - - MAR 29, 2014
22oz bottle. lively clear pale orange with a large, whipped white head. peach, pale malt, marshmallow aroma. a lager smoothness with a clean bittering and long hoppy finish. the body seems slightly more full with the lager yeast. i like the bitterness level.

Cool_Bond (2671) - KUNG_AV_OL @ Instagram, SWEDEN - DEC 19, 2014
Absolutely delectable flavor and aroma of the välhumlade fruitiness. Perfect bitterness in the aftertaste that fills the mouth for a long while. Excellent beer. Follow me @ Kung av öl @ Facebook for more pictures and ratings.

kwgl (53) - SWEDEN - APR 29, 2015
Mycket bra ipa. Rätt lukt, smak och allt men ändå inte bäst ändå. Något litet saknas, om än något väldigt litet!

MetalNHopHead (1976) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - DEC 15, 2016
I was a bit hesitant about drinking Fathom at Ballast Point since it’s fairly easy to get elsewhere, but having it fresh on tap was a treat. Clear gold-amber appearance. Hugely fresh and tropical nose. Mango, lemon, grapefruit, peach, tangerine, guava, and melon. Flavor showcases juicy, bittersweet fruitiness and some biscuit malt. It’s hop-forward but the malt provides enough of counter balance to make this crisp and satisfying. Dry, chewy, and resinous feel. One of the better IPL’s I’ve ever tried.

mwillums (12) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 21, 2013
So refreshing after a long day at work. This IPL really hits the mark with a strong hop profile like an IPA combined with the drinkability of a lager. Can’t wait to see it on the shelves in bottles!

tsd08460 (1163) - Marshall, Virginia, USA - AUG 23, 2015
Aroma: bread, citrus, pine Appearance: clear gold, thin white head Taste: medium sweetness, medium bitterness, Palate: light body, slick feel, lively caronation, abrupt finish Tasty

dwyerpg (6180) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - SEP 1, 2014
This was a very nice pilsner with tons of hops. Very dry and crisp, this was pretty tasty.