RATINGS: 785   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

zvikar (6519) - Ramat Gan, ISRAEL - NOV 27, 2017
At Max Place, pours yellow to orange with a small head, aroma of pepper, coffee, green pepper, orange, flavor is spicy with pepper, coffee, orange, medium bodied

dimeon (495) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - OCT 29, 2017
A: Opaque yellow amber with a medium off-white head
N: Fruity sweetness. Granadilla. Vanilla. Banana. Peach. Paprika. Orange.
T: Wow! That is quite spicy. Peppers up front and plenty of heat. Peach. Apricot. Spicy complexity. Pineapple.
P: Medium
O: This one is pretty hot, which dulls the senses in picking out the many excellent little nuances the beer offers. Still a brilliant brew, however.

Tjomleif (268) - NORWAY - OCT 22, 2017
Bottle. Poured a clear orange gold color with not much head. Aroma of grapefruit, citrus, caramel and a hint of pepper. Heat comes in strong for me inn the finish. Citrus and grapefruit up front. Great heat! Loving it!

AtronSeige (1738) - Johannesburg, SOUTH AFRICA - OCT 16, 2017
Aroma: Medium habanero, Medium bready, caramel, chili sting, pineapple.
Appearance: Hazy, golden body. Medium, off-white head with good retention. Lacing.
Flavour: Medium caramel, bready. Medium bitterness. Medium heat from the chili. Dry finish with lingering pineapple and habanero and heat.
Mouthfeel: Medium body. Medium carbonation, smooth.
Overall: The habanero is present and accounted for! Possibly a bit much for people who do not each chili often. The chili does overpower the beer on flavour, masking the hops and bitterness.

355 ml bottle, poured.
30A. Spice, Herb, Vegetable (Habanero)
21A. American IPA

wheldfond18 (12) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 13, 2017
Novel idea, but poor execution. I tried this special release from Ballast a few months ago and it was shockingly bad. Habanero flavor is overpowering and not a good combination with hops in my opinion. Don't get creative, stick with the basic Sculpin which is a wonderful full-bodied IPA.

StoneBeardCo (2) - Lindenhurst, New York, USA - SEP 29, 2017 does not count
Bought bottles Drank from glass. The aroma smells like hot peppers. You can immediately smell the spiciness when you open the bottle. I bought this thinking it was an original beer I would enjoy. Original it was, enjoynitni did not. It was just too hot for me to handle. I sat next to my friend as we both were nearly breaking sweats trying to put one of these down. I was only able to drink one.

ERB92 (800) - Bergen, NORWAY - SEP 10, 2017
Aroma of tropical fruits, citrus, caramel and pepper. Golden with a Off-white head. Medium sweet and medium + bitter. Medium body with a average carbonation. Overall thia is not a bad brew, But the chilli is Too over powering for me.

hansvf (932) - - SEP 3, 2017
Klein slokje bij Mark. De peper brand je bek ook, cool. Verder ruikt hij lekker hoppig.

Bosbouw (3023) - Gemonde, NETHERLANDS - SEP 3, 2017
Mooie oranje koper kleur met een goede kraag. Ruikt kruidig, mout peper. Smaakt peper, heet, beetje fruitig.

dfearnley (2341) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - AUG 28, 2017
Aroma of chili, spruce, and bitter orange. Taste is fucking chili which fades (somewhat) to some bitterness. I was hoping that this would be the chili beer to solve my chili beer woes, but nope.