RATINGS: 788   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

ej (1330) - Hauglandshella, NORWAY - DEC 5, 2015
Bottle. Pours a lightly hazed orange with a medium white top. Aroma is citrus fruits, grass, mango and peach. Flavor has a hint of malt before the a light bitter touch then the habanero takes over. A moderate and lasting "burn". Somewhat dry. Medium to medium-light body with avg co2 levels. Needless to say, it goes very well with tacos! :)

Satyrn (4) - Washington, USA - DEC 4, 2015 does not count
Maximum spicy! I am a fan of the spicy beers but this guy goes a bit too far. It is almost all burn and bitter. Not bad but I do not believe I’ll ever buy more than one at a time.

andyhwcinc (1884) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 4, 2015
Purchased at Bottles and Cans in Chicago, IL; enjoyed at home just after work on a Friday. I don't know why I think I'll enjoy spicy beers, they're painful, but this is probably the best one I've had. Appearance is a relatively clear golden amber, moderate white head just like Sculpin. Aroma doesn't really have much to it. Taste just smacks you with spice, to the point where I don't think I can finish, but at first you get a decent hoppy IPA but then all hell breaks loose and it's just fire. Won't have again.

DandyWolfFloyd (1202) - Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 3, 2015
Very intrigued seeing this many times before. Didn’t originally want to however, as "spicy" beers have been gimmicky in my opinion. I took a chance as the regular Sculpin is very good. Aroma - is of the citrus variety hops, just a slight bit of pine. Appearance - nice clean coppery body with a big full head that sustains and laces throughout. Taste - is wonderful. In the front it has a nice citrus quality, with slight malts in the middle and end. Then the spice comes in late, and is not like a (spice) but obviously from some other ingredient obviously habaneros. There also some complimentary ingredients a variety of drupe fruits. Really tasty. Palate - one concern I had was a potential unpleasantness, either an acid reflux or production of phlegm. Not at all the case. The feel was complex - started with the dominant flavors and was absent of the heat wave. Then the heat it rushes in and gives just enough buzz to be enjoyable. The body light, texture neither thin nor oily - but consistent w/ the typical IPA styles, carbonation was lively, finish long w/ heat - and not much bitterness to speak of. Very interesting

flemdawg (562) - Rowlett, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2015
Orange yellow body with a white head of tiny bubbles. Aroma of grapefruit but dominated by the spicy habanero peppers. The taste was as expected a good dose of hops but the peppers overpowered everything. The heat persisted through the aftertaste and I have a feeling I’ll be experiencing this one tomorrow too. Overall this seems too gimmicky to be worth trying again.

Foffern (1877) - Bodø, NORWAY - NOV 30, 2015
Bottle. Has a slightly hazy amber color with an off-white head. Aroma of grapefruit, pine, peaches, grass and jalapeno. The flavor is sweet and fruity at first with grapefruit, and then it explodes of chili that lingers. Has a slick mouth feel, medium body and a medium bitterness. I’m sure it’s a nice IPA in the base but the taste is dominated by chili. The aroma is interesting though. This ale is for the chili enthusiast, for me it’s not very balanced.

rocbyter (2124) - Waterbury, Connecticut, USA - NOV 29, 2015
Strong citrus aroma with hints of spiciness. Clear orange color with a small white head. Hop bitterness in the beginning with habanero spiciness joining in the fun soon after and lasting until the finish. A little bit of a burn at the end.

tysongillmore (362) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 28, 2015
That's a spicy meat'a'ball! Pretty good light flavors, like a blonde ale, but the heat takes over and kinda overpowers the flavor. Interesting beer but I don't think I'd get it again unless I was specifically looking for a hot pepper beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

milewide (2249) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - NOV 27, 2015
WOW! Over the top heat! So hot that it took me 3 times as long to drink than my usual IPAs. I enjoyed...but I’m not sure I am man enough to handle this! :-)

knickskicks (1162) - - NOV 26, 2015
Orange pour, off-white head. Nose is oranges, tropical fruits, fresh water, some chiles. Taste is oranges, well water, chiles. Some chile heat in the beginning and middle, a lot more lingering heat, especially in the throat on the swallow.