%>
RATINGS: 780   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

Rciesla (5499) - Exit 15W, New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2011
Draft. Pours a golden body with a white head. Light floral grapefruit tones get lost among a huge pepper, dried pepper, and spicy pepper notes. I don’t eat many peppers so i have to be a bit non-discript. Huge heat tones, loads of pepper quite hot actually, for me. Just had a bit of a this and it works, why because the base beer is awesome. Of course i’d rather have the base beer without the peppers, still a fun experiment.

TomDecapolis (4618) - Milton, Delaware, USA - MAR 18, 2011
Tap at Ballast Point Oak Grove. Pours a lightly hazy golden with a smaller bubbly white head. Aroma of habaneros and citrusy hops. Although pepper really dominates. Flavor is all habanero too! Not my thing at all.

gorditoabd (636) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 10, 2011
#2! At the grove. Pint. Looks like regular Sculpin. Smells like IPA and cayenne. The heat is interesting, if a bit much. Not better than regular Sculpin, but different and good. Definitely gonna try this with one of my home brewed IPAs, and stouts, and...

HopMasterFlex (108) - Carlsbad, California, USA - MAR 9, 2011
I can’t believe I’m the first to rate this beer! Let me start by saying if sculpin wasn’t so good plain I wouldve probably rated this higher but I feel like it ruined a wonderful beer yet still decent. It smells of pine and chili pepper. Taste is a "plain" hop drowned out by the spicy pepper. The faster you drink it the hotter it is. I drank a pint in a couple minutes and about half in two gulps. Spicy and delicious but knowing how good sculpin is regularly ruined this beer for me.