RATINGS: 788   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.4/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our Sculpin IPA is a great example of what got us into brewing in the first place. After years of experimenting, we knew hopping an ale at five separate stages would produce something special. The result ended up being this gold-medal winning IPA, whose inspired use of hops creates hints of apricot, peach, mango and lemon flavors, but still packs a bit of a sting, just like a Sculpin fish.

SPDickerman (1315) - Texas, USA - JAN 19, 2015
Pours deep orange with a medium white head. Smells peppery a citrus undertone. Taste is lots of pepper heat, hints of bitterness, a touch of citrus. Medium-bodied with a wet texture and average mouth-carbonation, Ballast Point Habanero Sculpin finishes with a tangy, lingering heat.

RayPiskadlo (7) - Warwick, New York, USA - JUN 17, 2015 does not count
This beer brings the HEAT! The first time I tried it, I needed a glass of cold water to chase it. Not as hoppy as I expected. I’ve yet to find a chili beer that matches this one’s intensity. My favorite beer right now!

Vir4030 (603) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - SEP 12, 2015
UPDATED: NOV 26, 2015 Awesome awesome beer with a great spicy palate. You love the sculpin, you likeness spicy, you like the ipa? Spicy sculpin is great! Clear orange with a slightly thin but ok head finally from a bottle! Aroma is a spicy sculpin, which is pretty good. Habanero dominates the flavor with the heat. Wow do I love this beer.

ordybill (1815) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - DEC 26, 2015
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. The appearance is a clear light copper color with a medium sized thick white head. The aroma is hot pepper and hops, a fantastic smell. The taste is awesome, the heat is perfectly blended with the hops to create an insane flavor mix. Overall, a world class beer.