RATINGS: 285   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A classic German-Style Beer, Brewed in San Diego. Our Longfin Lager has become one of the go-to beers with the team at the brewery. A solidly balanced Helles inspired Lager with a clean, slightly hoppy finish that could easily fit in at any German beer garden. We think it’s perfect for enjoying on the beach, the boat or anywhere else you can put an ice chest full of beer.

Bartzilla's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Bartzilla (622) - La Mesa, California, USA - OCT 22, 2013
I get this in 6 pack cans. Nothing glamorous here. It’s an easy drinking lager and I just had one right after a Tecate. Marginally better. Though I wasn’t expecting to be blown out of the water either. I’d only suggest dumbing down the price of a 6’er a little, especially if this is the intended nature of this beer. Don’t get me wrong, not a bad beer for a standard lager, but for $10.99 a 6 pack, I was hoping for something notable to write about. Doesn’t get me shit-housed like Big Eye, so that’s a plus. Still $4 cheaper than a 6 of Sculpin, so that’s good too. One little thing that irks me, however... the cans are packed so tight that it’s impossible to crack one open, even as slow as possible, without it spraying globules of beer over everything in an 8-12" diameter. I like the beer and I love LOVE Ballast Point beers, but I can’t return to this on the regular.

Darwenus (1140) - Virginia, USA - MAY 9, 2017
This is a relatively run of the mill lager, and it’s too sweet for me. It pours yellow with a little foam. The aroma is standard lager. Hay, sugar, a little vanilla, a little bit of grassy hops. The flavor is like the aroma, but the finish is sweet enough for this beer to wear out it’s welcome with me pretty quickly.

oobawa (1423) - Tennessee, USA - APR 10, 2017
Lemon and yeast nose, mild and inoffensive to the Bud-Miller set, I guess. Looks a bit weak--or macro--for a lager, pale yellow with a fleeting head and teensy-weensy flecks of lace. Taste is bready malt coupled with lemon-apple esters and a very mild tart finish. bright and yellow and weak, hops nearly undetectable on the back end. Fade is doughy and underwhelming--like me in high school! Come on, Ballast Point. Just because you’re technically a macro brewery now doesn’t mean you have to start brewing macro swill. (I know, I know, they still brew plenty of solid beers. Weak lagers just annoy me.)

cervmagpt (840) - PORTUGAL - APR 5, 2017
Review based on the BJCP2015 guidelines (style 4A). Bottle 35.5 cl - Batch unknown (BBF unknown). AROMA: medium malty-sweet aroma with grainy and honey-like notes. very faint herbal hop aroma. APPEARANCE: pale yellow color and cristal clear. medium white head with medium-low retention. TASTE: similar to the aroma with a medium-low grainy-sweet malt presence and a slight honey-like note. medium-low bitterness with a dry finish and slightly bitter. PALATE: medium-light body with medium-low carbonation. OVERALL: a very nice helles-type lager.

Rune (12827) - Tromsø, NORWAY - APR 3, 2017
355ml bottle shared by djoeye. Pale yellow body, misty. Dissipating snow white head. Fragile lacing. Rather vague grainy aroma. Restrained taste profile of bread, pears and lemony hints. Mild and semi-sweet grainy ending. Soft in the mouth. Easy going. (Tromsø 02.04.2017).

djoeye (4607) - Tromsø, NORWAY - APR 3, 2017
Aroma; grain, grass, pale cardboard malts. Look; off white head, about clear pale golden body. Taste; grain, apple grass, pear, pale pale malts – watery finish. Feel; easy. Overall; so so. Helles in Germany is better. [35cl.btl abv4.7% BB:14.3.17 [email protected] Tromsø [email protected]&Bier]

Breezy4life (70) - - MAR 12, 2017
Straw with a slight haze. Aroma of malt, wheat, and grains. Taste of grains with slight hop spice. Hints of wheat. Aftertaste lingers. Mouthfeel is heavier than I'd like. *12 oz can into pint glass

GuideDogSaint (1502) - Xiamen, CHINA - MAR 7, 2017
355ml bottle at OnLYou, Jimei. Pours slightly hazy yellow with a dissipating white head. Aroma of malt and lemon with grain. Sweet finish with some bitterness.

edgallow (4211) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 14, 2017
6 oz taster pours golden with a white head. Aroma of biscuits, grass and citrus. Nice tasting lager

explosivedog (1189) - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - FEB 11, 2017
355ml can. Pours bright straw, clear and with good head. Biscuits, funky hay, lemon, peach. Pretty decent for the style.

Vighals (3998) - Sørumsand, NORWAY - JAN 21, 2017
Gulbrun klar med høyt hvitt skum. Lukter korn og noe sitrus. Lett. Sitrus med lett bitterhet i avslutningen.