RATINGS: 2649   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.02/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
San Diego IPA
The Sculpin IPA is a testament to our humble beginnings as Home Brew Mart. Founded in 1992, the Mart continues to be a catalyst for the San Diego brewing scene, setting the trend for handcrafted ales. Inspired by our customers, employees and brewers, the Sculpin IPA is bright with aromas of apricot, peach, mango and lemon. Its lighter body also brings out the crispness of the hops. This delicious Ballast Point Ale took a Bronze Medal at the 2007 Great American Beer Festival in the Pro Am category. The Sculpin fish has poisonous spikes on its fins that can give a strong sting. Ironically, the meat from a Sculpin is considered some of the most tasty. Something that has a sting but tastes great, sounds like a Ballast Point India Pale Ale.

hoppopotomous (27) - youngstown, Ohio, USA - DEC 11, 2014
Oh my friggin god..Im an athiest and I still just found the nectar of the gods..holy crap...this is really really good stuff..

Sarapeaches1990 (22) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JAN 4, 2015
Pretty much perfect, pine resin grass mango aroma, flavor matches that. Copper color perfect palate! Excellent!

deftone84 (6) - Addison, Texas, USA - JAN 22, 2015 does not count
Quite possibly the best IPA I've ever tasted (haven't tried Pliny or Heady Topper though). Nevertheless it's just a damn fine IPA. Very smooth, not bitter, yet has all the citrusy, piney, hoppy flavor that you love from an IPA. Great mouthfeel. Aroma is citrus. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

at_the_hop (109) - Worcestershire, ENGLAND - JAN 28, 2016
Can. Just yum. Smells awesome, tastes awesome. Wonderful pithy bitterness, subtle honey sweetness, tidy balance. Feels properly put together and delivers on all the tasting note promises. Those 7 abv’s go unnoticed. I’m off to enjoy the rest of it.

chadski (140) - California, USA - MAR 6, 2016
Perfection in a glass. Beautifully balanced hop bitterness with sweet fruit flavors. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

lialeh (11) - - MAR 9, 2016
Full fruity aroma / Light orange color / Fresh, tropical fruity taste / Medium bitter / Nice finishing / a formula of IPA.

purehum (5) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - MAR 9, 2016 does not count
One of the best IPAs I’ve ever had! It has a near perfect mouthfeel for me and that’s helped by a fairly light job of carbonation. Dang, I better slow down here, not because of the abv but because it’s so damn tasty and I don’t want to be looking at an empty bottle and glass! Yum!

SammyChamois (2) - - APR 26, 2016 does not count
One of my all-time faves! Such a great example of a West Coast style IPA. Bravo!

JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 13, 2008
Aroma is off the charts - hello super pine and resin bomb! Nice golden in color with a little white head. Flavor subsists of pine, citrus and melons with the Ballast Point dryness at the swallow. This is easily one ofthe freshest IPAs I have ever had and my favorite beer of 2008.