overall

RATINGS: 1357   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.45/5   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A traditional dark beer based on old recipes. "Baltika" brews this beer with the best dark and light malts with the addition of superior hop types and a special strain of yeast. Crystal-clear water and the secret touch of "Baltika"’s brewers make this a beer of unsurpassable quality.
The ingredients are water, caramel malt and burnt roasted malt, maltose syrup and hops. 17°

AdamSkillin (376) - High Bridge, New Jersey, USA - JAN 25, 2006
Okay, if you gave this less than 5 for appearance, you are guilty of McCarthyism. Secondly, the beer smells awesomely malty and dark, head is tan and foamy, flavor is roasty and almost hints of hickory, a really great porter from mother Russia.

jehoesefat (372) - Poway, California, USA - MAY 22, 2013
Smells like a Milky Way bar -- chocolate and caramel! Pours dark brown with red tints when held up to the light, with a thin tightly packed tan head. Tastes like cocoa, hardly even seems like a beer! Very tasty. Thick consistency, goes down smooth and creamy.

RedHaze (371) - Where the hell am I?, Nebraska, USA - MAR 13, 2007
Thanks to bditty187 for this bottle. Pours a deep black with a dense one finger, dark tan, head. The foam settles very slowly to a thick cap, leaving behind a nice sheeting of lace. Smell; dark roasted malts with a little chocolate and coffee. Some dark fruits are present as well, with figs and plums. There’s a bit of a nutty aroma present as this gets a bit warmer. Taste; the roasted malts and coffee flavors are there, but they’re a bit subdued compared to the nose. Some chocolate and sweet cream meld pretty nicely with figs and plums, and almost make this a bit to sweet for my tastes. I don’t get any of the nuttiness that I picked up in the aroma, which is to bad. Mouthfeel is a bit on the thinner side for a Baltic Porter, but it may actually help out the drinkability, which is pretty damn good. I believe this is the first Russian beer that I’ve ever had, and it’s pretty darn good. If it’s ever available in my area, I’ll definitely pick some up on occasion.

UselessGdTaste (365) - Long Beach, California, USA - OCT 16, 2006
This porter is okay. Very earthy taste. Some sips remind me of dirt. Has a smoky flavor also. Alcohol blends well. But overall, it lacks a complete package.

Hazmatt (363) - Virginia, USA - MAR 20, 2008
Bottle. Dark color, nearly black but clear. Large billowy, brown head. Complex malty aroma, semi grainy, some alcohol, touch of chocolate and soap? A rich yet clean flavor profile. Resembles a schwarzbier for me. Kind of lager like, but very complex. Lighter than expected body. Low carbonatin. Good.

jtd6628 (362) - North Carolina, USA - JUL 17, 2011
Russian beer. Not a good porter. Way to thin on the palate. Burnt in taste.

mwsf (361) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 23, 2003
Very malty. Slightly sweet. Almost smoky. No hop presence. Not sure what this is but it's not too bad. A pleasant surprise.

wildbeercat (359) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - APR 13, 2013
16.9 fl oz / 500mL bottle into a pint glass. Served cold. Aroma: Chocolate, coffee, roasted malts, and a little caramel sweetness. Appearance: Barely translucent dark brown/deep red/violet. Thick dark tan head that goes away quickly. Light to no lacing. Taste: Dark, bitter chocolate. Almost a little smoky. Maybe the slightest hint of anise in here. Really a delicious porter. Palate: Full body, a little heavy, but not overpowering. The 7% alcohol isn’t obvious. Creamy, rich, and full. Overall: Wow what a great porter! This stuff is fantastic. I wasn’t expecting much after drinking Baltika 2-5, but this stuff is really, really good. I’m pleasantly surprised!

BeerBaron617 (358) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - JUL 22, 2008
I’ve just poured a 22oz bottle into my big beer glass, and I must say, I wasn’t expecting this to be that good, but I was surprised. Very nice chocalatey aroma with a flavor to match. Also has some sweetness to it. Very nice!